Part 45 | NO REBUTTAL |

26 March 1002 

26 March 1002 

"... I'll be waiting for the signal on the west flank. When you've cornered them into the wood we'll swoop behind them and cut them off." Edmund said, explaining the plan.

"Brilliant plan," Imira said, nodding in approval.

"Yes, brilliant. Very smart. So, can I come?" Lucy asked her brothers. She had been trying to convince them to let her join them on their ventures to hunt down the remaining allies of the witch. Trying and failing.

"No," both Kings said at the same time.

"Why not?" Lucy asked. 

"You're simply too young Lucy," Peter said as he rolled up the battle map. 

"You always say that," Lucy said broodingly. 

Imira and Edmund just stood there, hiding their amusement as best as they could. 

"That's because you are," Peter said, amused.

"I'm not much younger than Edmund was when he fought in Beruna," Lucy argued her case.

"Well, he was too young too," Peter said.

"Hey," Edmund complained. "I was old enough," 

"See? I think I'm old enough to go," Lucy said stubbornly. "If not to fight, then to learn."

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea," Imira said, much to the surprise of Peter and the delight of Lucy. "I think you should come," Imira told her.

Peter looked at her with a snarky smile, "Can we have a word?"

"I know what you're going to say, she's too young to be fighting, it'll be dangerous. You're right, she is too young to be fighting and it will be dangerous. But if what she wants is to learn, and she will have to one day, I think it's better if she learns now. She can stay behind the fighting line, a safe distance away. There's no harm in watching. I'll provide her with my guards, she'll be perfectly safe," Imira said.

"That does sound alright," Edmund said, siding with the girls.

"Please, Peter, please?" Lucy pleaded with her best convincing face.

Peter sighed in defeat. There was no arguing there was no harm in watching. And he wasn't really opposed to the idea of his little sister learning the art of war. He was just opposed to the prospect of her getting hurt. But if she promised to stay away and just watch then there was no reason to stop her from accompanying them. "Susan will not be pleased," he said looking at the three of them in defeat.

 "Susan will not be pleased," he said looking at the three of them in defeat

"Absolutely not!" Susan said outraged.

"I told you she wouldn't be pleased," Peter whispered to the three of them standing behind him. "There's no harm in watching Sue,"

"She's just a kid," Susan said pointing at Lucy. They had all agreed to let Peter do the talking this once. They were just there to show Susan everyone was on board with the idea. 

"So are you," a Peter rebuffed her. Technically he was right, Susan wasn't eighteen yet.

"It's not the same," Susan said crossing her arms. 

"Regardless, if Lucy wants to come, she can come and watch," Peter said.

"You're putting her in harm's way," Susan argued. 

"She'll be perfectly fine. Behind the fighting lines, right Lu?" Peter said turning to his youngest sister.  

Lucy nodded enthusiastically. "Out of harm's way, I promise," she said as solemnly as she could, containing her excitement. 

"Besides, she's a Queen of Narnia as you are. You can't really stop her," Peter told her, leaving her without a rebuttal that wouldn't compromise her own rights, and ending the conversation. 

Lucy gave her sister a sassy smile before following Peter out with the rest. 

SO YEAH, NOW THEY'RE ALL GOING OUT TO FIGHT ONCE MORE. WELL, ALL BUT SUSAN. SOMEONE HAS TO STAY BEHIND AND MAN THE CASTLE, RIGHT? THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE DROPPING BY VERY SOON, I HAVE ALREADY PLANED IT OUT, JUST HAVE TO GET DOWN TO TYPING IT. HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE UP BY THE END OF THE WEEK. LIKE AND COMMENT IF YOU WANT TO READ MORE! :) (23/APRIL/2019)