Part 38 | BLONDIE |

IMIRA'S POV

IMIRA'S POV

Sitting alone. In my chambers. The piece of paper before me remains blank. I have sat here for over an hour, trying to come up with the words, but I just can't make myself write them. I want to write the letter, but not to my brother, James, not really. I want to write to my parents. To share this news with them. To share this happiness with them. But I can't. I can't because Jadis killed them and they are dead. They are dead now and they will never know. I feel a tear run down my cheek and watch as it lands on the page.

There is a knock on the door that pulls me back to my senses.

"Hey, Imira. Do you want to, hey, what's wrong love? Why're you crying?"

"Wha- no, no, it's-it's nothing,"

"I know you love. You don't cry just because." He says sitting in front of me on my desk, facing me. "Come on, you know you can tell me anything,"

"It's... it's my parents." I say, whipping away a tear. "I miss them. I miss them so much and... and they will never get to know about us because... because they are dead."

He pulls me into a hug and rocks me.

"I know love, I know. I'm so sorry. But you still have your brother. You are not alone, love. And you won't be alone the day we marry. Your brother will come, as will Hayley, and your friends  Max and Rekebah, your cousins Dean and Darren, and you still have your grandfather the King Ædmond, and your great grandmother Rer-Reyr-"

"Rænæris,"

"Yes. You won't be alone Imira. Everyone that loves you will be there. So don't be sad. Come on, cheer up. We are going to get married,"

"We are, aren't we?"

"Yes. We are."

"Pete,"

"Mhm?"

"I want to go home,"

"What? But I thought-"

"Not like that I... I want to tell my brother myself. Not just by letter, but in person. I have already lost the chance to tell my parents. I don't want to lose the chance to tell my brother."

"Then we shall go to Datram so you can tell him yourself."

"Thanks. I love you,"

"I love you too,"

"Hey uh, what did you want to tell me? When you came in.."

"Oh, right. Do you want to go with Susan to review the play? She asked me to go and I thought you might like to come as well."

"Umm, no, not really. I uh, have to write these letters. And then I have to make the laurels for tomorrow. Besides I would rather be surprised by the play tomorrow."