Part 47 | MIDNIGHT RAID |

31 March 1002 

31 March 1002 

Edmund waited from the other side of the enemy camp. It was a long ride to the other side of the enemy camp, they had to wait until it was completely dark to get going, but they made it there past midnight. The archers stood behind the first line. They were to make work of those trying to flee after the first line attacked. King Edmund was on horseback, armed and ready. He would ride in first with his troops to cut the enemy from behind after receiving the sign. 

While Edmund waited, Peter positioned his troops on the other side, sneaking through the trees until they reached the edge of the enemy camp. Imira went in first with five other soldiers to dispose of the sentries and create a diversion. 

She sneaked behind the first minotaur and silently ended his life, laying him down so as to not make any sound that would alert the others. 

As Imr and her party despatched off the guards, Lord Bratham and his son got in position in the northern flank. 

Ten minutes after Imira had killed the first minotaur, she and the others managed to set some tents on fire. It took the enemy a few minutes to figure out what was happening, but eventually panic spread through their camp. 

"Put that out!" 

"Get the water!" 

"Hurry, hurry," 

"Quick!" 

This was the sign King Edmund, King Peter, and Lord Bratham had been waiting for. The moment to attack. Peter and his troops rode in inadvertently and caught the enemy off guard. 

The fight was bloody and chaotic. They started organizing themselves, but Peter didn't give them a chance. He ordered the horn to be blown and Edmund swept in from behind breaking their lines. The enemy realized they didn't stand a chance there, so they tried to flee. That's when the archers came into play. Lord Bratham's men were called into action as well, blocking the path north the enemy tried to take. Some managed to fly away, and since no gryphons were participating in the fight, they were successful. 

The fighting was still going on, but it was dying out. Finding themselves surrounded, some dropped their weapons and gave up. The more foolish tried to fight still, but they got nothing but the sharp end of Narnian blades. 

Seeing pretty much all the enemies were dead, Peter started looking for his brother and his girlfriend. Edmund had managed to stay on horseback the entire fight so spotting him was easy, but Imira was on foot and finding her took him a while. And when he finally did, he was a bit shaken with what he saw. She was making sure the dead were, in fact, dead, driving her sword through an agonizing hag. Her eyes were dark and her expression grim. It didn't look like she was enjoying it, but then again she didn't have to do it. 

"Well that was a success," Edmund said to his brother as Peter stared at his girlfriend, a bit freaked out by the calmness with which she killed the agonizing. 

"It was a good plan," Peter said staring at Imira, his voice breaking a bit at the end. 

"What are you..." Edmund asked noticing the strange expression his brother had on his face and following his gaze. "Oh... You know, she scares me a bit sometimes," he admitted. He had never seen her angry, but he sure as hell did not look forward to such a day. 

"Yeah, me too," Peter admitted, "me too," 

Imira spotted them staring, so she cleaned her blade and walked up to the two Kings. 

"They're rounding up the prisoners," she said, looking behind her left shoulder towards their direction. 

"I, uh, better go check on that," Edmund said, hurrying off. 

"Are you hurt?" Peter asked her. 

"Not a scratch. You?" Imira asked, looking him up and down. 

"Never better. So, what's the count?" Peter asked her as they walked back to the others. 

"I'd say around fifty prisoners and perhaps a dozen runaways," Imira replied, frowning at the end. She expected Peter to be upset at that last bit, but his reaction surprised her. 

"I had ravens follow them. They should lead us to the others," Peter said calmly. 

"So you wanted them to get away?" Imira asked, frowning. 

"Only a few." Peter said, "Get them scared and running to," 

"to lead us to the others," they said at the same time. 

"Exactly," Peter smiled at their synchronized thoughts. 

"They'll be ready for us next time," Imira warned. 

"So will we," Peter said. 

THANKS FOR READING AND SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE, I HAD A TON OF EXAMS AND PROJECTS BUT I'M FREE NOW AND WILL DEFINITELY BE UPDATING MORE OFTEN. 

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER! (11\MAY\2019)

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!!! <3  :)