THE EXPANSE - Are We Those Guys - AMOS BURTON

Guangjie Li as Andre

                                                                                          -OR-

                                                                      Samuel Anderson as Andre

Andre might not have the experience Fred Johnson has and he might not have ever represented such a clearly evil military as the UNN, but the MCRN disillusioned him plenty. And one thing Fred Johnson can't say is he got out early before he did something he couldn't take back. So when Dre joins up with the OPA after leaving behind the Martian dream and everything he grew up on, that's exactly what he says........ to Fred's face. Good thing he has a high tolerance and recognizes the dumb genius and his value. Both the dynamic duo might be Inners on the outside in the OPA, but they're reluctantly accepted as the hot commodities they are and rise up the ranks. Between Mars being considered the less malevolent of the inner planets and his unique mind for military strategy, Dre's not only one of the first choices to carry out plans but he's the acting liaison between OPA Belters and the Earther they need on their side -- Fred wouldn't be where he is today without him.

After years of being the Inner traitors inside a volatile rebel organization, the cold war's going hot. Now this one former MCRN controlled vessel with a questionably neutral skeleton crew called the Roci's looking to them for protection and resources. Fred, Dre and Drummer agree they need them on their side and can be trusted, but seeing as the Roci's captain seems to be doing everything he can to start a system-wide war, they clearly need some supervision. Drummer takes over his responsibilities, and Andre's sent to meet up with them on a rock called Eros and provide them with some guidance.

He's now the new fifth member of the weirdest team he's ever fought with in his life. There being former members of the MCRN, UNN and OPA operating together's not even the weirdest part, the weirdest part's their mechanic who denies he's never fought on any side and yet's the best fighter he's ever seen. All his years fighting for a cause he believes in and he's never had more fun than he is getting into these impossible situations with Amos and getting out of them together back-to-back. Nothing fun about being side-lined and stuck on the Roci because somebody claims his brain's too invaluable to endanger though. Maybe if the man who acts like he cares about nothing but really just cares too much would be as honest as he stay acting like he is, then they could maybe work seamlessly together to save the future of humanity. 

LITTLE EXTRA : Yea that didn't last long at all, back to my long ass plot so "I am that guy" is not my fav Amos line but it's everybody else's so that's the title I'm going with

                                 I'm a giant Prax/Amos shipper but who knows if his "BEST FRIEND" (that line still makes my chest squeal) is ever coming back so here's Andre

                                 If you've ever read the books, then Andre's a bit like book-Prax, cute and awkward and soft in a way the show just couldn't portray for some reason -- aint like I can say shit b/c I'm trash at writing something as basic as a personality (this is why I don't write fr books), such trash I have to make a side note describing his personality