THE EXPANSE - Cashmere Tears

Some soldiers got this assignment cause they were first generation; they were considered less than and expected to have more to prove. Not her. Her family had been serving with distinction for generations, since the birth of the MCRN. That doesn't mean she doesn't have something to prove though. Since she was the child who survived despite her parents' wishes, since she got her first love killed in action, she's always tried to prove her life was worth it over those she loved most and lost. But this wasn't worth it. Being the model MCRN soldier, she'd been ordered to work alongside Martian intelligence before, she'd even been trained for what to do when trapped behind enemy lines. She expected to be forgotten and she knew they'd expect her to be able to survive on her own. But to survive on Earth among the people she hated? For years?? Feeling sympathy and even trusting and caring about some of them while in hiding was something she definitely never planned for.

All of this couldn't be more surreal to her than when her best friend's daughter arriviving for the peace talks not only finds her on Earth but gets her her ticket off it. Now she's back in space, which should be more comfortable than the past several years, but she can't help missing it, missing them. She's lost and she doesn't know where her allegiances lie or what she wanted anymore, and she doesn't have time to figure it out. Not when she's pregnant and stuck in some powder keg full of Martians, Belters and Earthers -- where the only person she can trust is a leader of the fucking OPA who is unexpectedly loyal to her -- which is orchestrated by what all signs point to as aliens.

                                                              Angela Bassett as Shamsiyyeh Cavil

                                                                                              -OR-

                                                                                              -OR-

                                                            Charlayne Woodard as Shamsiyyeh Cavill

                                                                                              -OR-

                                                                 Aunjanue Ellis as Shamsiyyeh Cavill

A LITTLE EXTRA : Credit goes to Roberto T69 on YouTube for the Anderson Dawes vid, @dreameater1988 on Tumblr for the Klaes Ashford GIF, @hupperts for the amazing Angela content, @danaisokoe-archive for the Sleepy Hollow GIF -- fuck it even hurts just saying the name of the damn show -- and @tillitends for reminding me to post this also off topic but check out her brilliant work!!

                                   So in case it aint clear this is a fic for either Anderson Dawes or Klaes Ashford's criminal ass it's up to you which one and Ayisha Issa or Rutina Wesley could be Shamsiyyeh's FC too -- if that helps everything come together especially

                                   Also this is real trivial but I just thought I'd adress her name right quick -- initially this was a Klaes Ashford plot with only Angela Bassett as the FC and I might not talk about this a lot but I been LOOKING for a story involving her and Henry Cavill ever since that MI movie they was in together she was about to be Shamsiyeh Walker but Cavill sounded better I don't make the rules anyways just wanted to put ths out into the universe