BLACK EARTH RISING - Forgiving Our Home - KATE ASHBY/FLORENCE KARAMERA

She called him out on the mistakes he makes before she even knew him and his mistakes, and he thought knowing her, working with her would correct what he's done, it didn't occurr to him he'd be making so many more.

The first thing she remembers he ever asking her was about the dead, like he knew she understood and trusted them more than the living, or maybe he knew she'd come to.

 All he ever truly wanted was her trust -- it seemed like there were so many more important things before but stripping away the other, lesser priorities, that is what he wanted -- and it's all he wants now there's no denying that.

She's comfortable, not happy, but comfortable; she's accepted the evil that touched her, grew inside her and became a part of her now that she fully understands it and she uses it when she's assigned to a case, although being the poster girl for bringing justice might be bringing too much darkness for her to figure out on her own.

He could never make her stay, knowing that's what it takes to bury his past simply means it's neither worth it nor meant to happen. He can find home another way, any way but that, so he throws in that shiny new golden ticket, that synthetic forgiveness, down at her feet like an offering.

She is from Sankele. Maybe he's the only one who understands what happened then, birthed her and made her who she is, after all she didn't unbury her past alone. Maybe she can find her way home from here.

They can't blend in, everywhere they go they're eyed like outsiders as if anybody knows who they are and what they do with one look, as if that "infection" inside them separates them from everybody else. Maybe they don't belong here anymore, but they're here. They're doing what they can for their maybe-home, and maybe their maybe-home can do something for them, or maybe they can do something for each other.

A LITTLE EXTRA : weren't flawless (way too much Michael throughout) but I swear this is the best shit I've seen on any BBC and fuck I miss the chemistry between these 2 wounded baby birds already the intense moments, the cute funny shit they say to each other, everything, but it's probably only 1 season

                                   This takes place after the finale and mostly Rwanda (maybe a little in Tanzania or some more in the DRC) basically Kate's settled in and settling in even more with her life here and Florence's leaving that old life behind for good

                                   She investigates a lot of dark cold cases and maybe goes across the border a bit to look into them kinda like October 1, a lot like The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo -- you could even insert your own bitchass Blomkvist character in the middle of them and her life -- and Florence just tries to persuade her into letting him keep her company now that he's out of a job and aimless and shit