TWD - Danse Macabre - SIDDIQ

Jerrika Hinton as Elouise              

                                                                                                -OR-

                                                                      Jodie Turner-Smith as Elouise

Before, she always prided herself on her ability to protect her entire family from whatever shit was thrown their way

Before, she always prided herself on her ability to protect her entire family from whatever shit was thrown their way. It was what she clung to when everybody accused her of acting like she was above them and leaving them behind. Nobody could see how hard the decision was for her to leave them; WHO needed her brain, how could she say no? Before the first year is out, these corpses prove to her she's not strong enough. So many people are dying for her and this ever shrinking team, and whenever it feels like she's taking a step closer, the potential for a cure's slipping further away. After failing her parents, every single cousin, and everybody she's let herself care for, she prefers to go at it alone. And after learning the slow way one of the few she was counting on to figure this shit out was twisting and mutating their cure into some new strand, it's better that way. 

Since leaving behind that last hope, Lou could count the number of people she comes across each year on one hand, but surviving with nobody and no meaning takes a bigger toll on her than she ever imagined. And when she opens her mouth, voice hoarse from disuse, to talk with this widow who lost his wife to cancer while they're holing up together from a herd some punk sent their way, it occurs to her that bottling her whole self up did her no good. They saw mirror images in each other, they were too similar, and when the herd passed, they came out the store, and she picked up a bat for him to use to watch her back, she knew she'd see him again.

It was clear to her while trying to be regular in the normal world, her emotional growth was significantly slower than that genius-level mental growth. She still didn't understand the full effects of trying to change and repress herself over the years like she did, or of opening up to somebody again all of a sudden and feeling alive for a minute. But a year later, she has some idea after these psychopaths tie Lou, Negan and a few of his friends up. They get each other out and she might not be sure if it's the last she sees of them, she's positive that one night was the last she'd see of him though. Even a few months later, when she discovers she has a reminder of him, she also finds her first community, and there, learns who he really is. Now, there's entirely too many people around her. The majority of them don't trust her, not that she minds or doesn't understand especially with her connection to Alexandria's inmate. And there's one man who inexplicably trusts her, which she does mind because he has no idea who she is or what she's done.

A LITTLE EXTRA : Yea maybe this is shit, and there's barely back story for Lou but Siddiq's glossy, well moisturized self's been doing a lot for me lately and I just had to put something out even though I was trying to wait til we got more Whisperers so I could include them in her story

                                    Lou first comes across Oceanside around the time she finds out about her pregnancy -- before or after, you decide -- and between the shock and overload of seeing all these people at one time and finding out Negan's the one responsible for what she just witnessed, it's just a lot for her

                                     Lou and Negan identify with each other b/c they're just too similar they got some of the same weaknesses weighing on them, and after that last time when they get tied up and shit he really wants somebody like her with him

                                     Lou and Siddiq on the other hand are opposites, she likes him (b/c who doesn't) but she's very uncomfortable with him trusting her like he does and feels like he could end up dead b/c of it, she doesn't really trust herself around somebody that good but he's one of the few who does so he's really trying to get others to accept her since he knows what that was like

                                      I just realized this sounds like a love triangle and I'm not falling in that trap being repulsed by love triangles b/c most cliches do work on occasion, but this just is not a love triangle -- maybe Negan believes she's good for him, but she knows he's unhealthy for her, and it might be complex, it might even turn into a bromance or something positive at some point in the future since they do fight well together, but it's not love

                                      And yes Jodie's stunning self got me watching some of the Last Ship, and yes it is atrocious, but yes I still borrowed a little from the plot. This evolved strand could fuck up humans in a entirely new way, or just animals, food, shit it could just fuck with the environment/weather/planet. Knowing nothing's ever coming of a cure and she's responsible could just be this dark, ded hope kinda haunting her. But if you're ever feeling like the main TWD plot's lacking new exciting danger, here's this new threat you can bring up -- her and Siddiq could even join up with a new research team and leave the US Eastern seaboard.

                                        Oh and if you're looking for a different FC, then Yvonne Orji could work too