STAR WARS - Good Morning - FINN

                                                                     Jasai Chase Owens as Ivor

He loved myths and legends, loved hearing about heroes from his parents, and despite them telling him he was named because he was meant for great things he knows nothing of his origins, which all good heroes should have. All Baze and Chirrut could ever tell him was that he was a part of the best time of their lives -- their paradise on Eadu after the fight -- and that he came from the sky. But what he hears around town, that he came from the sky around the same time some mad scientists were experimenting with dangerous things they shouldn't have, sounds much less romantic. For all Ivor knows, his own name could just be the label of a experiment's file or what his parents chose for him. Knowing so little about himself makes him feel helpless, so he likes to deal in what he does know.

After years of gradually tearing that romantic part of him out by the root and trying to follow in his parents' footsteps, Maz sends him in a new direction. Ivor usually doesn't listen to him as he makes a point to keep his distance from riddles, but the urgency in her voice was quite clear. As somebody who's not necessarily flexible in her allegiances but is "Resistance-adjacent," he doesn't usually like to surround himself with their self-righteous, condescending faces. Yet here he is, boarding the Raddus to wake up a man whom he ends up feeling like he's know all his life.

A LITTLE EXTRA : s/o to expanseonprime on Tenor for the Filip GIFs my bad that GIF of John was before I started keeping track so Idk where I found it

                                   So it's a bit of a AU for Rogue One and a whole lot of AU for TLJ --  know most fans appreciate how they ended Rogue One and I do too but I'm really feeling like Baze and Chirrut making it off and retiring to Eadu fits well with the fic and this might sound way too sweet and unrealistic BUT most people out in futuristic space probably have a longer life expectancy so I feel like Baze and Chirrut are still on Eadu when he's grown -- anyways if you had problems with canon, if you want to write your own adventures, feel free to do that here this fic does not need to follow JJ's playbook