07 || Hogwarts Grounds

Katie made her way up from the Slytherin common room after fixing herself up a little bit. When she reached the Entrance Hall, Harry was already standing there waiting. He was leaned up against a pillar and stood up straight with a smile on his face when he saw Katie coming.

Grinning, Katie walked over to meet her friend.

"Hey." she said.

"Hey. Shall we walk?" Harry said and Katie giggled.

"We shall."

The pair left the castle together and started on their stroll through the Hogwarts grounds. They passed the greenhouses first, and couldn't help but poke their heads inside.

There were many plants with long vines that were swirling around, nipping at and attacking each other.

"I can't wait for my first herbology class." Katie said as she gazed in at the magical plants.

"I had mine today! We had it with the Hufflepuffs. It's pretty good." Harry replied and Katie smiled weakly.

"I wish we had herbology together." she sighed.

"Katie, we have most of our subjects together. Not to mention we haven't even started flying lessons, which we also have together." Harry pointed out.

"Yeah but, you're my only friend, Harry. I'm really upset that we're not in the same house."

"Your only friend?" Harry repeated. "Aren't you friends with.... err — Pansy. Is that her name?"

"I guess. But it's not the same."

Katie and Harry continued to talk as they walked around the Hogwarts grounds. They stopped walking once again when they reached the Quidditch Stadium.

"Who's  your Quidditch team, Harry?" Katie asked as she stared up at the towering hoops.

"I... eh... I don't know any." Harry said quietly and Katie's jaw dropped.

"You really don't know a bloody thing about the wizarding world, do you Potter?" Katie gasped.

"Well, in my defense, I only found out about it a month ago." Harry said sternly. Katie chuckled and shook her head. Grabbing Harry by the hand, she began running and dragged him towards the stadium.

"Katie, what are you doing?" Harry giggled, but he allowed himself to be dragged into the centre of the Quidditch pitch. "This is... wow." Harry breathed as he looked around. Katie smiled at him. After his tragic past, even if he only found out about it very recently, Katie liked seeing Harry happy.

"Okay, so, how to play." Katie said and Harry's face lit up. "Quidditch is pretty simple once you grasp it. So, there's two teams on the pitch with seven players on each team. Three chasers, two beaters, one keeper, and one seeker. These make up the seven players. Got that?"

"Err — Yes, I think so."

So, Katie went on to explain the rules of Quidditch to Harry. She had to go over some parts because Harry didn't quite get it, but after about twenty minutes, Harry had a pretty good understanding of Quidditch.

"Want to give it a try?"

"I — eh — What?"

"There's brooms in the shed." Katie nodded her head towards the broom shed but Harry shook his head.

"Katie, I've never ridden a broom before. I don't think that's such a good idea." Harry mumbled, looking at his feet.

"Oh, come on Harry! It'll be fun." Katie begged but Harry just shook his head with a smile on his face.