74 || Sibling in the Shadows

A/N: This is the Chris chapter! Note that it's set about a week before Katerina and Harry had their interlaced visions — a week before the previous chapter. (You're welcome to anyone that ships Chris and Hermione by the way). The picture above is how I picture Christian, but you can imagine him any way you want :)

.
.

"This is ridiculous," Chris grumbled. "None of them can tell the Quaffle from the Bludger."

"I don't know, that Ginny Weasley is pretty good." Niall shrugged.

Due to the fact that Harry Potter and Fred and George Weasley had gotten a ban from playing Quidditch, Angelina hosted another set of tryouts so the Gryffindor team could find a new Seeker and two new Beaters. So far, Ginny was the only one who was meeting the expectations that Angelina held for her team.

"Yeah, but to win the Cup we need the best of the best."

Niall quirked an eyebrow. "We've already played Slytherin, so that's the hardest out of the way. Sure, Ravenclaw are good, but not as good as us, and Hufflepuff should be a piece of cake.

"Yes, but what if Slytherin beat Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff too?" Chris sighed out. "Kat is really good, Niall, and if she teaches her team everything she knows—"

"Hang on," Niall intervened curtly. "Who taught her everything that she knows?"

Chris hesitated for a brief moment.

"Me." he admitted.

"Exactly. She's got nothing on you, mate." Niall said, proudly patting Chris on the back.

By the end of the tryouts, Angelina had appointed Ginny Weasley to Seeker and two boys named Andrew Kirke and Jack Sloper as Beaters, who weren't be any means astounding Quidditch players, but they were certainly better than the other idiots that had shown up despite the fact that they couldn't tell one end of their broom from the other.

"Our next game isn't until March. We can train them up by then." Angelina had said, but Chris was fairly certain that she was trying to reassure herself more than she was anyone else.

Although it was mind-numbingly cold outside, Chris was dreading going back to the castle, purely due to the fact that his dormitory recently housed a very tense atmosphere. The dorm was shared between seven boys: Chris and Niall, of course, Fred and George Weasley, Lee Jordan, Kenneth Towler and Oscar Whiterose, and ever since Chris and Oscar's most recent fight, which had taken place just over two weeks before, tensions in the dorm had been high.

Of course, none of the other boys knew why Chris and Oscar seemed to constantly be at each other's throats, for the only people that Chris had come out to were Hermione, Niall and Katerina, and Oscar, clearly, as they were involved in a very dramatic and rocky relationship. He wanted to tell his dorm mates that he was bisexual — he trusted that they would be accepting, but he was dreading the smothering amounts of pity that they would throw at him were he too reveal everything that was going on between him and Oscar.

It all started in fourth year when Oscar sheepishly asked Chris to attend the Yule Ball with him. On the night of the Ball, when they were dancing, a group of Slytherin boys shouted some rather homophobic slurs at them, sniggering as they done so, and Oscar took off, leaving Chris alone at the Ball. That was when Hermione found him, and Chris had been very grateful for the fact that she hadn't asked why he was upset and instead danced with him. During that dance, Chris came out to her, and she was very supportive.

Of course Niall was supportive as well — they were best friends, after all. Chris accidentally let slip that he was involved with Oscar, and Niall was thrilled, even threatening to fight the Slytherins that had mocked the pair at the Yule Ball.