66 || I Must Not Tell Lies

A/N: What do y'all think of the new cover? I don't think it's great but I really didn't like the last one so I changed it to something new.

.
.

"I'm going to cry," Katie whispered to Draco during a Defence Against the Dark Arts Class. "This is so boring."

"It could be worse. It could be History of Magic." Draco shrugged, keeping his voice low and a weary eye on Professor Umbridge.

"She's not letting us do magic, Draco!" Katie hissed. Clearly, she had spoken too loudly, because Umbridge's toad-like eyes snapped up from her parchment and began to survey the room.

"Who is talking?" she demanded.

Katie sank further into her seat. Professor Umbridge continued to scan the classroom through narrowed eyes, and when no one owned up, she went back to correcting a stack of what Katie assumed were essays.

Katie was nothing short of relieved when the class finally ended.

"What have you got now?" Draco asked her as he packed his bag.

"Er — Divination, I think." she told him.

Draco sighed. "Shame. I've got Arithmancy. See you back at the common room, then."

Draco then left the classroom. Katie bent down to put her book in her bag and when she returned from under the desk, a note hand been placed on the table. Katie grabbed the note and read Harry's handwriting:

ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴀᴛ 7.

Katie smiled, somewhat warmed by the fact that Harry wanted to continue to use their meeting spot that they had become accustom to after an incident in fourth year in which they met there and were almost caught by Filch.

So, at seven o'clock that evening, Katie packed away her homework, told Pansy that she would be back soon and left the Slytherin common room. Despite the fact that it was not yet after hours, Katie still didn't want to be found wandering the corridors by a teacher and have to explain where she was going. To her relief, she arrived at the clock tower with no awkward encounters, and found Harry already sitting by the edge, feet dangling idly, waiting for her. His head turned at the sound of footsteps.

"Hey," Katie smiled. She made her way over to Harry and sat down next to him on the ledge. "Why'd you want to come here?"

Harry shrugged. "I just haven't seen you much this week, you know?"

"Yeah, I've had a lot of homework." Katie sighed.

"I brought in Invisibility Cloak just in case." Harry said, holding up the Cloak and grinning triumphantly. Katie's smile was quickly wiped from her face, however, because when Harry lifted the Cloak, his sleeve slid down his arm, revealing deep markings on the back of his hand. Harry must have noticed Katie looking because his bright face suddenly paled and his arm whipped back down to his side.

"Harry, what happened to your hand?" she asked anxiously.

"Nothing," Harry stammered. "Nothing, it's just a cut, I—"

But Katie grabbed Harry's hand and pulled is towards her, examining it at eye-level. There, clearly carved into his skin, was a deep and fresh cut, with dried blood still smeared around the edges. Katie noticed that the cut was actually words.

"I must not tell lies," she read in a horrified whisper. "Harry, did that Umbridge woman do this to you?"

Harry didn't say anything. Katie leapt to her feet. An overwhelming surge of anger rippled through her veins and she could feel her entire body growing hot.