08 || Commotion at the Stadium

Katie entered the Great Hall just after Ron the next morning. As she passed the Gryffindor table, she caught a snippet of Harry and Ron's conversation.

"Where were you last night?" Ron asked angrily.

"I was with Katie." Harry said as he spooned some porridge into his mouth.

"Katie? As in Katie Blair? As in Katie Blair the filthy, traitorous Slytherin?" Ron said bitterly and Katie's heart sank.

"Ron! Don't talk about her like that!" Harry snapped.

"She's in the same house as You-Know-Who, Harry! All Slytherins go bad!"

"Well Katie's not like that. She's different. She's nice, and funny, and loyal, and she's far from evil." Harry defended Katie and Katie smiled to herself at those kind words.

Glancing over at the Slytherin table, she saw Pansy talking to Draco Malfoy. Shrugging, she walked over to the Gryffindor table.

"Hey Harry. Hi Ron." Katie said cheerfully as she took a seat beside Harry at the table.

"Katie! Hi. Are you allowed sit here?" Harry said, sounding surprised.

Katie shrugged. "No. But who cares. Ooh, bacon and eggs!"

"Chris, Oscar, Niall and I are thinking about heading down to the Quidditch pitch later if you want to come, Harry. You're more than welcome to come along too, Ron."

Ron gave Harry a shocked expression and Harry smirked and wiggled his eyebrows. Katie tried to her best to not snigger and act like she hadn't noticed.

"Eh.. sure. Yeah. Thanks." Ron said and Katie smiled.

As Katie got up to leave for her first class, she was grabbed around the wrist and stopped. Spinning around, she found herself face to face with Ron.

"Ron? What's up?"

"Listen, I'm really sorry about the way I've been acting. It's just, my family don't have a great history with Slytherins and—"

"Ron, it's fine."

Ron looked taken aback. "R-really?"

Katie smiled. "Totally."

***

Chris, Oscar and Niall all mounted the brooms. The wind blew in their face as they took off and Chris yelled in excitement.

Smirking, Katie took out her wand, pointed it towards the broom shed and said,

"Accio broomstick!"

A broom flew through the one doors of the broom shed and straight into Katie's hand. She couldn't help but chuckle at the baffled looks on both Harry and Ron's faces.

"How did you—"

Katie cut Ron off. "Standard Book of Spells, Chapter six."

With those words, Katie mounted her broomstick. But before she could take off, Chris came swooping to the ground. He landed a few feet away and jogged over to the trio while shaking his head frantically.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no." He grabbed the broomstick out of his little sister's hand. "Absolutely not!"

"Hey, give that back!" Katie snapped, trying to snatch the broom back.

"You haven't even had your first flying lesson yet! You could be expelled. And I could be expelled for letting you on the broom!" Chris exclaimed, exasperated.