93 || The Seven Potters

Katerina Blair flicked through the pages of the Daily Prophet, a deep frown etched onto her face.

"Anyone we know dead?" Ron asked her.

"No, but a Muggle family has been murdered."

Ron shook his head and swore under his breath. The murdering of Muggle families seemed to be a favourite pastime of the Death Eaters', but of course the Muggle population hadn't the faintest idea how all of these people were dying. Family after family were found dead, their bodies unscathed, as the Killing Curse left no marks (with the exception, of course, of Harry Potter's lightning bolt scar), and the Muggles could not figure out how these people had died.

There was a knock on Ron's bedroom door and it creaked open, revealing the freckled face of Ginny Weasley.

"Mum says dinner is ready." she announced and then, as quickly as she came, she was gone and had shut the door behind her.

When Katie and Ron arrived at the dinner table, they found everybody already seated there — Mr and Mrs Weasley, Bill and Fleur and Ginny and Hermione. Chris and Niall had returned to Ireland once more, this time to make sure Niall's family were doing all right, but left the promise that they would be back for Bill and Fleur's wedding. The twins were still living above their shop, much to Mrs Weasley's dissatisfaction. She thought that it was dangerous for them to reside there and wished they would just come home.

Everyone ate in silence. It was rare that they spoke at the dinner table these days because the topics of discussion were often quite grim; they always involved death and destruction and often turned people off their dinner. Today, however, Mr Weasley decided to spark up a conversation.

"I've just been conversing with the Order," he started. "Harry will be moved next Saturday."

"And he's coming here?" Katie asked, her attention focused on the steak that she was cutting. "Are you sure it's safe?"

"The Order and the Ministry will be placing every protective enchantment they know on the house to ensure Harry's safety." Mrs Weasley responded.

"And how is he being moved?" Ron inquired through a mouthful of mashed potato, which earned him a sharp slap on the arm from his mother while she reprimanded him about manners.

"Mundungus suggested that some of us use Polyjuice Potion and turn ourselves into Harry." Mr Weasley said.

Katie raised an eyebrow. "Mundungus said that?"

Mundungus was not renowned as one of the smartest members of the Order of the Phoenix so, judging by everyone else's wide eyes, they were all just as surprised as Katie to hear that Mundungus had made such a smart suggestion.

"Fred, George and Mundungus have agreed to take the Polyjuice," Mr Weasley went on as though he had not been interrupted. "Ron and Hermione, am I safe to assume that you two will take it?"

"Yeah." Ron said.

"Of course." Hermione said.

"I want to take it." Katie said quickly, perking up in her seat, feeling quite offended that Mr Weasley did not believe she would want to help safely escort Harry to the Burrow. Mr Weasley, however, shook his head firmly.

"No, you're too young. You're not of age yet."

"I'll be seventeen next Wednesday!" Katie rebuked, but she was ignored by Mr Weasley and by everyone else at the table, for that matter.

"Fleur, will you take it?" Mr Weasley inquired.

Fleur seemed to hesitate for the briefest of moments but then replied with, "Yes."