12 || Quidditch

Katie sat alone at the long Slytherin table, picking at her bacon and eggs. It was the morning of her first Quidditch game. Slytherin were playing Gryffindor and she was petrified. She awoke early and, upon finding that her nerves were not letting her get back to sleep anytime soon, she got dressed and dragged herself down to the great hall.

As she was taking a sip of her pumpkin juice, Katie heard her name being called from the other end of the hall. Turning her head, she saw Harry, Ron and Hermione enter the hall, waving enthusiastically at her. She waved back and found that her friends were making their way over to her.

"Good morning. How are you feeling?" Hermione said, sliding onto the bench next to Katie. Katie shrugged nonchalantly.

"Good luck today. I know you'll do great." Harry smiled, to which Katie returned.

"Don't tell anyone, but I'm rooting for Gryffindor." she whispered, leaning in close to her friends. Ron's jaw dropped.

"You can't say that!" the red head gasped in horror.

"You bet your ass I can, and I just did. You have no idea how much I hate Slytherin." Katie said. She spun back around into her seat and continued to nibble at her food. Feeling a hand on her shoulder, she turned her head so she was looking at Hermione.

"It's going to be okay." Hermione said sincerely.

Once the three Gryffindor's retreated from the Slytherin table, Katie was left on her own once again, but not for long. Mere minutes later, Draco Malfoy The Great came striding down the hall, Grabbe, Goyle, and Pansy following close behind. Pansy sat down beside Katerina and Draco took his usual seat across from the girls.

"You're up early." Pansy raised an eyebrow at her friend.

Katie shrugged. "I just wanted to make sure I ate enough before the game."

"I swear to God, Blair, if you don't catch that Snitch, I'll—"

"Oh, shove it, Malfoy." A third voice joined in, cutting Draco off mid-sentence. Whipping around, Katie saw Ron standing behind her. She shot him a grateful smile.

"Do you have a problem, Weasley?" Draco snapped venomously, narrowing his eyes.

"No, but clearly you do," Ron turned to Katie, "Are you ready? We'll walk you down to the stadium."

"Actually, I was going to walk Katie to the stadium. You know, we can't have our Seeker being seen with the rival team on match day, now can we?" Draco said. If Katie hadn't known better, she would've sworn there was a hint of jealousy in both Draco's eyes and voice. Taking one last swig of her pumpkin juice, the Slytherin girl stood up.

"I'll go with Ron, but... thanks, Draco." she said, her lips curving into a hint of a smile, before she whisked out of the hall with Ron. They met up with Harry and Hermione in the entrance hall and strolled down to the stadium together.

The grass was frosted over and the cold November wind sent shivers down the four student's backs. Mist clouded the air and Katie wondered if she would be able to see as she flew at all.

"It's bloody freezing!" Ron exclaimed in disgust.

"It's not that bad." Harry countered calmly.

"Easy for you to say! You're going to be moving around. Hermione and I are going to turn to blocks of ice sitting around in that stadium!"

"I told you to bring a scarf, Ronald." Hermione rolled her eyes.

"As if that would help! That just stops your ears from being cold. I'm not worried about my ears!"