EPILOGUE

The stadium was alive with cheers and roars. Night had long since dawned, but the pitch was illuminated by thousands of fairies — real fairies — that sat amongst the crowd and hovered high above the stadium. It was brighter than it was by day.

"And that's Blair with the Quaffle — passes Potter — intercepted by Levski—"

The professional Quidditch players moved at such a speed that the commentator barely had time to say their names before they passed the Quaffle onto the next player.

"Blair shoots — SHE SCORES! That's two-hundred and forty to one-hundred and twenty to England!"

It had been a long time since England had reached the final of the Quidditch World Cup, but thanks to their new and improved team, which included Katerina Blair, Ginny Potter (née Weasley), and Christian Blair, the team were superb.

Katie and Chris played for the Appleby Arrows, which Katie Captained. The Appleby Arrows had never been a bad team, per say, they were quite average, but since Katie and Chris joined the team in 1999, and Katie became captain in 2000, the team had been thriving. They climbed the ranks quicker than any other team in the league.

As for Ginny, she played for the Holyhead Harpies — the only all-female team in the league, and they were outstanding. When it came to the World Cup, however, the seven best players from all of the club teams in England were picked to play for the national team, and three of these players just happened to be Katie, Ginny and Chris. Being only twenty years old, going on twenty-one in a few weeks, Ginny was the youngest player on the national team; excluding Katie and Chris (who were twenty-two and twenty-four), the rest of the English team were in their thirties.

"Levski struck with a Bludger hit by Hawksworth — Potter with the Quaffle—"

Katie had been playing professional Quidditch for three years now, and she still was not over the thrill. The wind in her face, the flashing of banners, the roar of the crowd. It was everything she had ever hoped and dreamed it would be. Now, as she played her first Quidditch World Cup final, tearing down the pitch with the Quaffle tucked under her arm, she remembered sitting in the Top Box at the Ireland versus Bulgaria match, almost ten years before, and how she wanted nothing more than to be one of the players on the pitch.

"Blair passes Potter — SHE SCORES!"

Suddenly, there was a great scream in the crowd, louder than it had been the entire game. Everyone was jumping, pointing, shouting. Katie hurled her broom around and saw, with a jolt of her heart, what had caught everyone's attention.

Viktor Krum and Keaton Flitney, the England Seeker, were racing towards the ground in a nosedive, their robes rippling behind them. They had both spotted the Snitch. Katerina's heart was beating harder than it ever had — more so, she thought, than when she had her duel against Voldemort. If Krum caught the Snitch, Bulgaria would win by twenty points...

Even from such a high point of view, Katie could clearly see that Krum had the lead. All other aspects of the game had been abandoned — the Quaffle was falling steadily to the ground and no one, not one single player paid any mind to it. Everyone watched as the spectators cheered and booed and the Seekers raced each other for the Snitch.

Krum reached out — he was only inches away from the tiny golden ball...

The English cheered and screamed and stamped their feet while the Bulgarians groaned their disapproval. Katie was almost knocked out of the sky as Chris and Ginny threw themselves at her.

"WE WON! WE WON!" Chris was shouting

Flitney soared around the stadium, brandishing the gleaming Snitch in his hand, and the England supporters roared in delight. Katie looked aside to the Top Box and could see all those she held dear, clapping and cheering. There was the Weasleys — Ron, of course, and Hermione, who he had married only two years before.