Forty-Four.

◇Calum◇

When I wake up the first thing I notice is Genie not laying next to me. I roll over on to my back and stare up at the ceiling before letting out a sigh.

Last night was a fucking mess.

Nothing went to plan and I was so pissed at myself. I started a fight with Genie because I'm just a jealous prick, I had never been the guy who got overly jealous but with Genie I just couldn't help myself.

I thought the night couldn't end any worse but I proved myself wrong when I stupidly blurted out 'I think I'm in love with you' to  Genie. God I was such an idiot.

I seem to really screw everything up with her.

An involuntary groan leaves my lips as I roll out of bed. I really wasn't feeling today.

A small smile instantly spreads to my face as I walk in to the kitchen to find Genie resting her head on the table.

"Morning." I say and she instantly lifts her head to look up at me. "Calum I seriously think I'm dying." Genie lightly chuckles.

"That bad?" I ask walking over to the fridge and opening it.

"Yes that bad, I definitely take back what I said last night. Michael's drink aren't amazing they are just plain evil."

"Make sure you tell him that." I say in amusement grabbing the milk from the fridge before shutting it.

"I will."

It's silent for a couple of minutes as I make some food and Genie obviously focuses on her hangover. It didn't seem to be awkward between us and that made me wonder if Genie even remembered what I said last night or maybe she did and was just pretending that she didn't because she didn't feel the same and didn't want to make things weird between us.

God I'm such an idiot.

"Cal?" Genie calls.

"Yeah?" I grab my bowl from the bench and join her at the table.

"Did you have a good night?"

"Yeah I guess." I shrug before looking down at my bowl. "Did you?"

"It was a little dramatic." Genie says and look back up at her with a small frown. What was that suppose to mean?

"Hmm?"

"Just some things became really clear last night." Genie shrugs and I swear to god my heart is about to beat out off my chest.

"What things?" I ask swallowing hard.

"Like the fact that Claudia definitely has feelings for Luke." Genie grins. Oh right.

"That wasn't clear before?"

"Eh not exactly." Genie says taking a sip of water from the glass beside her.

"So what do you remember from last night?" I ask even though I'm sure I know what the answer is.

"Honestly not a lot." Genie bites down on her bottom lip. "The last thing I remember is doing shots with Claudia.."

Of course she didn't remember. It was strange though I felt a little relieved because then I had more time to figure everything out but then I kind of wish she did remember so that I could find out if she felt the same or not.

"Oh and dancing on the table." Genie lightly laughs before letting out a groan. "I think I should go get some sleep."

"Alright." I give her a smile as she stands from her chair. "Do you wanna come sleep my hangover off with me?"

"Maybe later." I tell her and she gives me a quizzical look.

"Are you okay Cal?"

"I'm good." Except for the fact that I've most likely fallen in love with you.

"Alright, Well I'll see you soon." Genie says before walking out off the kitchen.

Again, I'm such an idiot.

A/N: I know that you all probably hate the fact that Genie doesn't remember but it's all part of the story!! There is still so much that (needs and) is going to happen just bare with me :)

Sorry this chapter is a little short but I didn't want to leave you waiting too long. ♥