Seventy-Eight. (Part 2)

"Sorry for messing up your make-up." Calum lightly chuckles giving me a grin as I wipe at my eyes. I really hated that water proof mascara turned out to never really be waterproof and then left you as a smudgy mess.

"Uh huh." I smile at him through the mirror. "We should go back out there." I say then turn around to face him.

"Do we have to?" Calum pouts letting out a sigh.

"Yes."

"They're gonna ask questions." Calum mumbles and it's my turn to sigh.

"So?" I raise my eyebrows at him as I take a step forward so that I'm directly in front of him. "We'll give them cryptic answers."

Calum and I knew where we both stood now but we decided that there were certain things we needed to figure out before just jumping in to anything like a relationship. As much as neither of us wanted to We needed to take things slow.

"Will we now?" Calum asks reaching forward and tangling his hands with mine.

"Yup." I tell him popping the p. My eyes drop down to our entwined hands and I can't help but smile. Holding hands was such a small thing but I missed it a lot.

Lets be real though I missed everything about Calum.

"Cal?" A small frown etches it's way on to my face as I notice something on his hand. I lift one of his hands up to expect it and read over the small amount of ink that was just below the knuckle of his index finger.

JKH

"When did you get this?" I ask looking back up at him.

"Uh a couple of weeks ago." Calum smiles bringing up his other hand to show me the other initials that were now permanently etched on to his skin. "I got dad's too, I figured it would be a nice way to know that I always had them with me."

"That's really sweet Cal." I knew that Calum definitely missed his parents more then he let on, I was exactly the same.

"Yeah." Calum nods. "I got a few others as well."

"You did?! Show me!" I practically demand.

"Gosh Genie you already want to see me topless." Calum teases and I roll my eyes.

"How many did you get?"

"Eight." Eight freaking more tattoos?! I really wished he wasn't wearing a collared shirt right now, a singlet would be great.

"Why so many?" I ask full of curiosity. I wonder what they looked like? And what meaning they had to him?

"I wanted them." Calum shrugs. "And it was a different kind of pain for me." He admits and I feel a pang of guilt curse through me.

"I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing Genie." Calum shakes his head at me. "I'm the one who should be sorry."

"Alright Hood lets not get in to that argument." I tell him. "Lets go join the circus."

"If that's what you want." Calum grins.

°●

"I'm still so confused." Luke frowns looking between Calum and I. "Are you together or not?"

"We told you Luke, we're figuring it out." Calum answers with an annoyed expression.

"What does that even mean?" Luke asks throwing his hands in the air.

"Dude relax." Ashton chuckles. "Honestly I'm just glad you two finally talked things over."

"Exactly." Emma chimes in.