Seventy - One.

"Knock Knock." A familiar voice yells before my door opens.

"Oh hey." I lightly smile as Luke pokes his head around the door.

"Can I come in?" Luke asks and I nod in response. He slips in to my room and shuts the door behind him.

"So what's up?" I ask. It was most definitely a little weird seeing him after last nights events.

"I...uh...thought that we should talk about last night." Luke says awkwardly. "You kinda just ran out on me."

"Oh right." I purse my lips. "In all honesty I think we both know that it was just a drunken mistake."

"Oh yeah definitely." Luke nods in agreement. "I just really don't want things to be awkward between us you know?"

"It doesn't have to be Luke. We're friends and I don't want that to change."

"So it won't. We'll just leave it as a drunken mistake." Luke says which instantly relaxes me.

I was glad that we could talk it over and have it not make things weird between us. Things were complicated as it is.

"It would probably be for the best if we just forget about. "

"Well I don't think I can exactly do that." Luke grins and I roll my eyes at him.

"You better because that was so embarrassing." I groan and Luke laughs.

"For who?" Luke raises his eyebrows at me.

"Luke."

"I know, I know but honestly Genie it could of been a lost worse." Luke says and I nod in agreement. "I don't think I would be able to live with myself if it went any further."

"You and me both."

-FLASHBACK-

I wasn't sure if it was a brief sober moment or myself finally noticing that this wasn't Calum but as soon as I feel Luke's lips on my chest, I can't help but think that I am going to regret this.

And that's when the tears start. I couldn't do this, it felt so wrong. It wasn't Calum. I couldn't be with someone again who wasn't him, I just couldn't.

Luke obviously isn't dumb and notices the tears, his eyes meet mine and it's like a light goes off in his head and he realizes what we're doing.

"We can't do this."

"I kmow...god Luke I'm sorry." I mutter. Luke lets out a sigh before hoping off of me.

"Genie. Don't it's okay."

"No. It's really not." I sit up straight and wipe at my eyes. What the hell was I thinking?

Obviously I wasn't, the alochol was.

"I'm gonna go, I'm sorry." I mumble standing up in a rush. I locate my dress on the floor and hurriedly pull it on. This was so horrible.

I mean Luke was one of Calum best friends and to think I could of crossed that line makes me feel violently ill and even more guilty.

"Genie wait!" Luke calls as I rush out of his bedroom door and downstairs. I grab my bag and shoes before cowardly running out the door.

-End of Flashback.-

"We're good right?" Luke asks looking nervous.

"We're good." I tell him with a smile and he looks relieved. I couldn't be more glad that we stopped before we went any further.

I would never of been able to forgive myself if I slept with Luke and I sure as hell knew that Calum would never forgive me.

°●

"Uhm do you mind if I play?" Calum asks motioning towards his play station. I was currently sitting on the couch in the living room reading my book, Today of course had consisted of Calum and I yet again tip toeing around each other. It was insanely awkward and was starting to really get to me but I didn't know what I could possibly do to fix things.

"Sure." I tell him my eyes remaining on my current page.

I didn't think it was possible to miss someone so much while they were sitting right next to you.

I desperately wanted to just be able to talk to him about absolutely nothing and to be able to watch him laugh and smile. I just missed everything about him, I missed everything about us which is kind of ironic considering there never really was an us.

"Stop it." Calum mumbles taking me by surprise.

"Stop what?" I ask removing my eyes from my book to steal a glance at him. He was solely focused on the screen in front of him as the game started up.

"Thinking so much."

"You didn't even look at me Calum, how would you know that I'm doing that?" I ask him.

"I don't need to look at you to know Genie." Calum tells me making my heart flutter.

"Right." I say chewing on my lip. This was one of those times where I just wanted to scream at him, I wanted to just pour my heart out and tell him absolutely everything yet no words left my mouth.

Instead we just sit there in an awkward silence, pretending like there was nothing we wanted to say to each other when really there was a million things.

A/N: Sooooo Genie and Luke did not slept together! There was no way I could make them do that. Next chapter is going to be intense and I'm not looking forward to writing it. Omg.