Seventy-Eight. (Part 1)

13th December- 1 month later.

Genie◆

Home.

I was utterly overwhelmed by the feeling of finally being home. It had been a very long two months in New York but they were also very fulfilling.

I had learned a lot from Kirsty and the business side of things, it had definitely made me want to follow in her steps and open my own business.

My favourite thing about being in New York though had to be being able to be there when Tommy was born and being able to spend time with him, it was incredibly hard to say goodbye to him but I would be seeing them for Christmas.

If I was being completely honest I was going to stay for a little while longer. I had only come back this early because tonight was Sam's engagement party and I couldn't miss it.

"Hello?" I call out shutting the front door behind me.

"Sweetheart!" My mum squeals emerging from the kitchen. My parents had got back home at the end of last month and were quite disappointed that I wasn't here to welcome them back.

Obviously I wasn't going to just show up at the apartment so I came home, well my other home.

I still hadn't had any contact with Calum, I had been keeping tabs on him through everyone else of course. Eventually he got the message that I didn't really want to talk and he stopped ringing and stopped messaging me.

I would lie if I said that I wasn't nervous about seeing him tonight. Sam told me that he was going to be there so I knew that I would be facing him tonight and I really didn't know how that was going to go.

"Mum." I choke out giving her a small smile. My eyes were instantly filled with tears, happy ones.

"Oh don't cry." My mum lightly laughs coming over and engulfing me in a hug. God I had missed her so so much.

"Sorry." I blabber. "I've just missed you."

"I've missed you too." She breaks the hug and gives me a smile. "I'm still not use to seeing my babies so grown up."

"I can only imagine."

"Genie are you okay?" She asks looking at me in concern.

"I'm fine why?"

"You just look awfully tired." Well I already knew that. My sleeping patterns over the last two months have been terrible, I would probably only get four or five hours sleep if I was lucky. I guess Calum really was a sleeping charm for me.

"Well living with a new born would do that." I grin and watch as my mum's face lights up at the mention of her grandson.

"I can't wait to be able actually hold that boy in my arms, Skype and pictures most certainly aren't enough."

"I know mum. You only have to wait a week though." I point out. I knew Christmas this year was just going to be perfect.

"Very true." Mum hums happily.

"Where's dad?" I ask noticing his absence.

"He just popped up to the shop." She informs me. "He should be back any minute."

"Okay. " I really couldn't wait to see him. I've had such minimal contact with him over the last couple of months, he really needed to change with the times.

°●

"Are you on your way?" My dad asks as I reach the bottom of the stairs.

The last three hours had been absolutely perfect. I had the chance to catch up with my parents and of course have a home cooked meal from mum. I definitely was glad that their trip was over, I needed them a lot more then I thought.