Seventy-Six

Sunday 26th October- 2 weeks later.

Calum◇

Isn't it just ironic how at the times the weather reflects exactly how you're feeling? The sky was dark and dull, and the rain had been pouring ever since I had arrived.

A part of me did think that it was just the typical weather in london but as soon as she clouded my thoughts again, I knew that it wasn't.

It had been two excruciating weeks and I hadn't heard from her.

All my texts and calls had gone unanswered, I guess I kinda deserved that though.

I knew everyone was worried about me and that's why I was currently laying on Mali's couch.

I was either being an asshole to everyone or just not saying anything at all, I knew it wasn't their fault and they didn't deserve how I had been treating them but they just didn't understand.

Nobody did.

"You know when I thought about you finally coming here this wasn't exactly what I pictured." Mali says walking in to the living room,  a small grin on her face.

"Uh huh." I mumble sitting up slightly.

"What's the moping for?"

"I'm not moping." I tell her and she raises her eyebrows at me.

"Don't bullshit me Cal." Mali sighs. "Mum said something was up with you but I figured she was just being overdramatic."

I shake my head and let out an annoyed groan, of course Mum had called her. I had gone to stay with my parents for a couple of days because I couldn't handle being in that apartment and being reminded of her every time I looked around, so I figured going to my parents would help but I was dead wrong.

She was literally everywhere I went and I couldn't escape it so I came here.

There was no memories of her in london, not that coming here stopped me from thinking about her but it gave me a break from the constant reminders of her.

"I'm fine." I say sounding extremely unconvincing.

"Right." Mali huffs coming over to the couch and hitting my legs, I move them giving her a chance to sit down. "What's going on Cal?"

"Nothing." I reply though I knew I wasn't getting out of this, There was no one in the world who got me like Mali did, she was my best friend and I knew I could talk to about everything and anything.

I guess I just found it hard to put in to words and honestly I was a little ashamed. I had done something that I said I never would.

I had intentionally hurt Genie.

"Calum?" Mali's voice interrupts my thoughts.

"Sorry. What?" I ask a frown instantly finding it's way to my face.

"What's going on?" I almost  tell her nothing again but the worried look on her face makes me feel guilty. I had to tell her, I knew that.

I don't know why I was hesitant. Mali was probably the only person who I could talk to about absolutely anything.

"I screwed up." And that was putting it lightly.

°●

"Here." Mali chucks her phone at me. I raise my eyebrows at her in confusion and she shakes her head.

That was the first thing that she had said after I told her everything. I wasn't really sure how I thought she would react or what she would say but I thought that she would at least have some award winning advice,  she usually did.

"Call her." Mali orders. Trust me I have.

"She doesn't want to talk to me."

"I can't believe how much of an idiot you are." Mali shakes her head in disbelief. "Why did you come here?"

"What do you mean?" I ask dumbly. I thought it was pretty obvious as to why I was here.

"Why are you here moping around when you could of gone to New York?"

"Genie doesn't want to talk to me Mali, let alone see me." I would be lying if I said the thought didn't cross my mind.

I claimed to be some sort of romantic guy so why not do the ultimate romantic gesture (Well according to chick flicks.) and follow after her?

The thing they don't show you in movies is how hard it is to actually go through with it.

"Again you're an idiot."

"You're really not telling me anything that I don't already know." I mumble.

"That you don't already know huh?" Mali pauses and takes a deep breath. "What about the fact that Genie's in love with you? Or is that something that you already knew too."

"What..no she's not."

"Yes she is, and I got that just from what you told me. How you can't see it is beyond me Calum." Mali's says giving me a small smile. "You two have done the same thing, you're just running from each other but most of all you're running from yourselves."

My head was spinning at the thought of Genie being in love with me. Was she? Could she be? How the hell could I miss that?

A/N: This chapter was short and just bleh....But I'm thinking that I'm gonna do a double update ;)