O N E

~ Found ~

~ Found ~

•••

Elijah walked into the small cafe on the side of the road hoping to get something to eat but stopped in his tracks when he saw the blood splattered all throughout the place and heads on the floor. He lisetened for any movement but only heard cries from a corner. He made his way to the corner with his guard up but was surprised at who he saw crouched.

"Mia?" He said softly and couldn't believe his eyes. The girl he and his family had adored from the moment his cruel brother brought her home was in front of him. It was the same girl his family had left years ago because of their father but she did not know that.

"Elijah." She cried and looked at him, "I tried to stop, they begged me to stop but I couldn't."

Elijah quickly brought the girl in a tight embrace and kissed her forehead. "Let's get out of here." He mumbled and the two left in the expensive car owned by the Original.

Elijah stopped at a store to get her clothes and in the car Elijah helped calm the girl and explain to her why he was going to the horrid little town known as Mystic Falls.

"Nikalaus is trying to break a curse that was put upon him by killing the Pretova girl, a werewolf and a moonstone." Elijah summarized and Mia stayed silent. Mia was familiar with the history of the family and their secrets, it was nothing new to her. She tried to ignore the butterflies in her stomatch and succeeded.

Elijah felt guilty about not telling her that he was on his way to kill his brother. nevertheless the two remained on the road catching up and laughing. Elijah observed the girl and praised her for remaining her innocent self while being a creature that was feared and lived in a cruel world.

Eventually they had to stop for gas, "Do you want anything from inside-"

"Of course I do El, I've been having a craving for this candy that has a slogan...I think it's called taste the rainbow? Come on old man." Mia said giggling and Elijah followed her inside. Mia stocked up on sweets and bags of chips then made her way to the line patiently waiting and when the Original saw this he was not surprised. Mia paid for what she had and Elijah did the same. The two thanked the person working behind the counter and made their way to the car.

Mia immediately opened the bag of what she had learned were skittles and placed a red on in her mouth throwing the yellow ones away as they had a sour taste. Elijah turned the car on admiring the pur of the engine and drove off with a happy Mia.

"Mia I am truly sorry for leaving you-"

Mia tensed up and looked at anywhere but him, "I am really tired and this bently isn't exactly comfortable. I shall make the best of it good night el." MIa rambled and closed her eyes while corssing her arms. Elijah was use to her childish behavier and he sighed.