FO R T Y - S E V E N

Buried

Buried

KLAUS is on the balcony overlooking the courtyard, where it initially seems as though he is speaking to someone standing next to him.

"The taxpayers of New Orleans deserve a skilled Chief of Police."

Klaus is holding a man in a police uniform in a choke-hold off of the balcony with one hand while he sips a cup of coffee with the other. The police chief squirms and gasps for breath with a terrified look on his face.

"How inept are you if not a single one of your men can locate the woman I seek?"

The police chief pleads with Klaus as he dangles over the courtyard floor, "We're tryin'! She's a ghost!"

"Aurora de Martel is rather petite and may indeed be able to slip through the cracks like a wicked little cricket, but she is not a ghost." Klaus smirks devilishly.

"Not yet."

Klaus leans forward so he can look the police chief straight in the eyes, "I think this city's finest could try a little bit harder, hmm?"

Footsteps can be heard approaching, and Klaus turns to see Freya and Elijah walking toward him, looking at their younger brother with exasperation. Mia walked in a little later, amused at the sight of the man hanging from their balcony.

"I see we're in for another normal Mikaelson breakfast." Freya said sarcastically.

Elijah rolls his eyes and gives Klaus an incredulous look, "Niklaus, for Heaven's sakes! Release the poor creature."

The police chief whimpers and shakes his head frantically, but Klaus simply shrugs and drops the man, allowing him to fall onto the floor of the courtyard. Elijah and Freya both give Klaus hilariously exasperated looks, but Klaus simply smiles smugly at them.

"That's not what I meant!" Klaus continues to smirk as he walks past Elijah into the upstairs living room.

"He'll live! And he'll remember to do better."

Elijah and Freya both roll their eyes and share an annoyed look before they follow him to continue their conversation.

"Is all this torture necessary?"
Klaus ignores this question and instead calls out into the hallway.

"Where have you been?" Klaus asks as Marcel walks into the room and immediately looks annoyed at Klaus' tactless behavior before responding with a sarcastic comment.

"I was making sure that the Strix and their witches are out trying to find your loony ex-girlfriend. Is that okay by you?" He asks and Mia simply sighs setting her cup of coffee down.

"Good morning to you too, Marcellus." Mia said glaring at her son, or was.

Elijah sighs and interrupts their fighting, " please."