F I F T Y - S E V E N

Somebody Else _____

Somebody Else
_____

MIA and Klaus walked into the kitchen, both happy from last nights activities. "Coffee?" Mia asked Klaus who was by the toaster.

"Yes. Toast?" He asked grabbing a slice for himself and once he heard Mia's response he quickly put another one.
Once the two had what they needed they sat down at the table, each picking up something to read.

Hope walked in shortly, rubbing her eyes as she yawned. "Hey cutie." Mia said in a motherly way, "hungry?" She asked the child.

Hope nodded before yawning again, Mia noticed this along with Klaus, each sharing a look. "You alright?" Mia asked crouching down to her height.

Hope shook her head, "No I didn't sleep much." She mumbled wrapping her small arms around Mia who stood up with Hope resting on her hips.

"Your dad will make you something to eat, right Nik?" Mia asked, making him fumble around in his seat before he stood up looking at Hope with a smile.

"Of course, I heard you like pancakes."

"And I heard you didn't know everyone in this house has supernatural hearing." Rebekah said walking into the kitchen with an annoyed look on her face.

Mia, who was drinking coffee, choked on it before looking at her best friend. "What are you talking about?!"

Rebekah scoffed, "Oh please don't make me say it infront of the child." She said stealing Mia's toast before taking a bite out of it.

She then turned to Hope who looked confused, "Where is your mother?"

Hope shrugged, "She went with uncle Elijah last night and hasn't come back."

Mia's eyes widened as she looked over to Klaus, who had an apron on and a smug smile. "Uncle Elijah..." he breathed out almost as if he was proud of his older brother.

"Keep making her breakfast!" Mia scoffed before glaring at Rebekah.

"Let's get you changed and ready for the day, little one" Mia said before carrying her to her room. Once she was dressed, Mia brought her downstairs to the table where her food was awaiting for her.

"The pancakes have little fangs." Hope giggled before looking st her father with a genuine, loving smile. "Thank you." She said making Mia's heart warm.

____

A couple days had gone by, and everything was perfect for the Mikaelsons.

Rebekah had left with Kol, despite Mia's pleads for her to stay.

"I'm sorry Mia." Rebekah said, giving her a sad smile.

Mia nodded, wiping her tears dramatically, "Fine. Go with Kol, see if I care!" She said turning around and folding her arms.

Rebekah shook her head before grabbing Mia by her shoulders and forcing her to turn around, "I would never choose Kol over you." She said caressing Mia's face.