T H I R T Y - F I V E

Visions

Visions

MONTHS and months had passed, Mia was closer to Alec and farther from Klaus. He had made a wedge between them, as he didn't want anyone using her as leverage over her. The streets of New Orleans were quite during the day, and bloody in the night.

Mia stayed away from the compound, and Klaus did the same for her. It all started with a small vision the girl had had one night and it was enough to send Klaus over the edge.

Mother
Son
Daughter

Mia jolted awake and breathed heavily as she detangled  herself from Klaus. He awoke and glared his fangs, that were lethal to anyone.

"Relax Nik. Just another vision." Mia mumbled standing up and walked to the bathroom, splashing water on her face. As she looked at her reflection in the mirror Mia saw a women behind her making her scream.

Klaus rushed to catch her and as he held the brunette in his arms, she whispered something that changed everything.

"Esther is back."

From that moment on, Klaus had postponded everything. Finding the demise of his mother to be far more important than his wedding.

Mia approached Klaus with magazines and a list of possible venues, the biggest smile on her face.

"Nik, I think I found the one-"

"Not now Mia, mother has requested we have dinner with her. She has a plan, and she wants you as leverage according to my other sources. My child is safe and sound but you are not..." He whispered and watched as Mia's smile disappeared.

"What are you saying?" Her voice cracked as she looked him in the eye.

"We must postpone the wedding. Until I return my mother into a coffin, we are to stop seeing each other. I need you to find a place outside the city and cloak yourself-"

Klaus paced around the room and before Mia could respond Elijah rushed in.

"Elijah! Come to discuss the return of our mother? She is waltzing around town In the body of a sixteen year old and-"

Elijah cut him off, "Our father is back. Davina has him imprisoned by this bracelet. He hold the stake, if she chooses to release him-"