S E V E N T Y - E I G H T

Newborn

Newborn

The twins and Hope locked themselves in the library after the funeral. While Klaus and Mia had found themselves in the car as Mia lit a cigar. The Salvatore brothers were going out to see the city they loved so much and had promised to come by later to say goodbye.

"Seriously?" Klaus mumbled opening the window.

Mia ignored him and inhaled before exhaling slowly. Her leg bounced up in down annoying Klaus slightly, "What's on your mind?" He asked watching Mia clench her jaw slightly.

"You're leaving again." She whispered wiping away her tears before taking another hit.

Klaus stayed silent and looked down, they knew at some point he would have to stay away from them to keep them safe again.

"How am I going to tell Bella, Carter and Hope that you're leaving again?" She asked her voice breaking slightly. "Hayley just-" Mia stopped herself from saying it and bit her lip.

"Hayley just died, Hope is a mess and so are the twins. I'm a mess. Carter is developing a temper similar to yours which by the way, is terrifying. Hope can't control her powers and Bella..." Mia sighed as she shook her head.

"Bella is hiding every single emotion," she said slowly, "and one day she's going to blow up." She whispered as she looked at Klaus.

Klaus clenched his fists, he was angry.

He was furious that had had missed their first years. He was angry that Carter was closer to the Salvatores then him. He was furious that Hope had lost her mother. He was furious that Bella was going through something internally and he couldn't be there.

He was furious his children had inherited their dark side.

Mia had finished her cigarette and put it out on her skin makign Klaus cringe and stare at her, "Stop that." He said sternly making Mia roll her eyes .

"Relax Nik." She replied before opening her door and getting out.

The day was going by slowly, Mia had found herself sitting alone in her room with a bottle of wine and family albums. The picture they had taken in Arkansas was clutched tightly in her hand as she remebered everything that had happened.

Mia smirked and closed her eyes as she held it close to her heart. It was in that moment she had felt truly lonely.

Klaus was leaving again. Elijah had erased
all memory of them. Kol was living a good with Davina and didn't want anything to do with them.

Mia needed her best friends.

She reached over to her phone and dialed Rebekah's number, waiting patiently for her to pick up. After the ringing stopped Mia's heart sped up.

"Bex?"

Rebekah sighed into the speaker, "Mia." She said relived that she had finally called.

Mia brought her legs up to her chest, "I can't..." Mia choked out biting her lip to the point where she tasted a little bit of her blood.