S I X T Y - N I N E

5 years later

5 years later...

Winter Break.

Mia and Alaric Saltzman loved winter break.

"Are you sure you can manage?" Mia asked him as she continued to put a few more of her items in her box.

Alaric nodded, "Yeah, Lizzie and Josie are spending more time with their mom and I have no one for the break. I'll stay and watch over the kids who don't have anywhere to go." Alaric said nervously but Mia ignored it and smiled.

"I knew I made a good choice in asking you and Caroline to help." Mia said as she sealed up her box. "I'll see you in the New Year." Mia said giving him a quick hug.

"Bye." He said and watched her leave.

Mia went to the garage and placed her box inside. "Ms. Fitzgerald!" One of the students walked in wearing a smirk.

"Hi Jake." Mia said internally rolling her eyes.

"What are your plans for the Winter Break?" He asked in a flirty tone making Mia cringe.

"Mr. Conor, I am one thousand three hundred and seventy five older then you. I'm also your headmaster and mother of the girl you're trying to take on a date." Mia started as she walked over to the driver's side.

"Your behavior towards me is highly inappropriate. Now, unless you want to be expelled, then I would keep on walking." Mia said before giving him a fake smile.

She got into the luxury car and drove out of the garage and parked in the driveway.

Mia insisted on getting expensive things to keep up appearances with the locals.

She walked onto the field where she saw Carter surrounded by the girls in his class. "Carter, lets go." Mia said shaking her head.

Carter smirked, "Mommy dearest! I forgot to pack a bag. Perhaps I should stay here over the break." He tried giving her a small smirk.

Mia raised an eyebrow, "I own three houses, each filled with your needs. Grab your jacket and let's go. I'll see you in the car." She said before going to look for Bella and Hope.

"Bella?" Mia knocked on her dorm room softly and walked in. Bella was dancing around in her room with her earphones in which explains why she didn't hear her.

Mia tapped her shoulder, startling the girl. "Mom!" She screamed. "Hey sweetie." Mia said as she took a seat on her bed.

"I was just cleaning it up a little before we left." Bella said sheepishly. Mia smiled, "Of course you were. Grab yours bags, we are already late. Hayley is going to kill me." Mia said looking down at her interactive watch.

"Where's your sister?" Mia asked making Bella look down at the floor.

"Bella..." Mia warned.

"You're probably going to hear about this from Mr. Saltzman but Hope gave this boy her blood and Hayley took her this morning." Bella said making Mia stand up.