T H I R T Y - F O U R

Lies

Lies

IT had been days and finally the plan Klaus and Mia had made with the wolves would take place today.

In Klaus' study, Klaus has given Genevieve the pages of Esther's grimoire that contain the moonlight ring spell. She examines it as Klaus watches.

"Your mother's spell is as complicated as it is elegant. She was clearly a very gifted witch." The red head mumbled and continued to look through it.

"Be quick with it Gen, we've got better things to do. Or at least me." Mia mumbled and poured herself another glass of wine.

Klaus sighed, he had gotten use to the fact that she no longer drank anything else but wine and bourbon. She wasn't the same after her encounter with her mother, and he knew that. Mia insisted she was the same but everyone knew that was a lie.

"Hey! Like I said, it's complicated. She bound protection magic to black kyanite stones. A werewolf with the stones is free from turning on a full moon." Genevive snapped.

"And what of the improvements?" Klaus asked annoyed.

"This spell will enhance speed, strength, and agility."

"There should be something in there about fangs, it's what our mother used on us when she turned us into vampires." Klaus said, leaning down on the table.

"Not just fangs-you said you want venom, so the bite is still lethal to vampires." The witch replied.

Klaus smiles evilly, as Genevieve lays the pages carefully onto the table.

"Here. It should make a nice gift. I'm sure Hayley will be thrilled."

"Not just Hayley. You'll be making quite a few of these. Lets call it an even hundred." Klaus said.

"That's not the deal I made with Elijah." The witch protested backing away. Mia stood up, "You're dealing with us now honey." Mia said and threw the empty bottle on the floor.

"We are offering considerably more." Klaus started, "I will protect you from those who might do you harm, including my brother. Because I need you, however, I'm prepared to offer something more valuable than my protection."

Henevuevevwas ontriged, "Which is what?"

"My mother's grimoire, from which I took these spells. You see, Elijah is offering you a mere peek at these pages, but I will grant it to you as a gift. If you pledge your loyalty to me, beginning with the creation of those rings."

Genevieve shakes her head incredulously, " This has been your plan all along! You want to build a werewolf army, and you're using me to do it!"

"Sweetheart, I'm not the enemy. Nor the wolves. Your abusive coven expects you to sacrifice yourself for the last of the Harvest girls. Do this one favor for me, and you need never fear anyone ever again." Klaus pursuaded day using his charms with Mia's permission.