S I X T Y - E I G H T

Niklaus der Morder

Niklaus der Morder

__

"In all my travels, France never disappoints." Klaus says at the entereance of a popular bar in Paris.

Te security guard just stares at him and sees nothing more than another man trying to get in without an invitation.

"Now I find I'm physically drawn to the place, as if locked in an orbit I'm helpless to alter. I suppose we're all satellites orbiting those we love. Recently, though, I'm left to orbit from afar, and to pass the time by dropping in on old acquaintances. Entres nous, in , the Gatineaux family and I had a little falling out. I'd really like to put that to rest. So if you'll just... stand aside? You must've heard of me. Klaus le Fou? Klaus le Dement? Niklaus der Morder? No? Nothing?" Klaus grew tired of the man ignoring him and shoved his hand into his chest before ripping his heart out.

He smiled as he heard the gasps of the people behind him in line and turned around to face them, "I myself prefer Klaus the Mad. Do spread the word." He said before taking a bite out of the heart.

The people ran away in fright as he began to kill the others in line leaving a trail of bodies and blood.

"Oh what a beautiful day." He said before biting into a victims neck.

New Orleans

The bartender at Rousous set the drinks down at the table before saying, "Okay, guys. If these don't prep your liver for Mardi Gras, then nothing will."

Josh chuckled, "Eh, my liver was probably dead before I became a vampire, but thanks, Poppy."

Vincent rolled his eyes, "Okay. So we should probably get back to Mardi Gras prep."

Josh sighed, "Oh, come on, Vincent, we got this. All right? It's gone off without a hitch for, what, seven years now?"

Vincent picked up his drink and discreetly smelled it as a precaution because of his past experiences "Josh, that's because we haven't taken it for granted in seven years. Let me remind you: moments of prosperity are invariably followed by times of great pain, unless we remain vigilant."

Freya walked in from the bathroom and sat down next to Vincent, "Thank you, Mr. Buzzkill." She mumbled as she picked up her drink.

"Okay, Freya, what you got, Mardi Gras prep?" Vincent asked.

"The witches will be working on their float in the City of the Dead." She informed before taking a sip of her wine.

Hayley gave them an awkward smile, "The werewolves in the Bayou. If it smells weird, blame it on the lack of sanitation the mayor provides for the Bayou." She said before looking at josh.