F O R T Y - T H R E E

Edan

Edan

THE day was thanksgiving, one of Mia's favorite Holliday's and she was locked in yet another cell.

"Edan, let me go." Mia said before sitting up frustrated.

"I'm tired of being in this stupid cell! It's thanksgiving let me go!" Mia said slamming her fist into the floor.

Edan sighed standing up from his seat to go see her, "No." He replied in a simple tone making Mia groan. "Please!" Mia begged and Edan sighed yet again.

"I can't even if I wanted to. Aurora would kill me." Edan said not wanting to die again making Mia look at him annoyed.

"I'm the original tribrid. I'll protect you!" Mia said trying to convince him.

Edan gave her a look, "I captured you with a dart filled with vervain." He said and Mia simply shook her head.

"You caught me off guard and I can guarantee you it won't happen again." Mia said sure of herself and stood up.

"I thought you would be more...friendly." Edan admitted making Mia frown. "Why would I be friendly?" She asked recalling the numerous times he had tried to ruin her life.

"I'm sorry, for everything." Edan said referring to the events that took place a thousand years ago. "When you left me at the ceremony, I had finally come to the realization that someone like you could never be with someone like me."

"I didn't deserve you." Edan said sitting in front of Mia's cell.

"I watched you all these years, laugh and cry about the silliest things. I had fallen in love with you while watching you. I could have lived a good life with a wonderful woman, but my father and your father ruined the man that could have been." Edan admitted.

"I was cruel to you, and jealous. I am truly sorry Mia." Edan finished making Mia's face softened.

"I forgive you." She whispered, taking them both by surprise.

"Really?" He asked, a small smile creeping into his lips.

Mia nodded, laughing softly. "Yes. I forgive you. I think death is punishment enough."

Edan nodded, smiling. On the other side, that's all he wanted. It was the reason he couldn't find peace. He wanted the forgiveness of the girl he mistreated.

"Thank you." Edan said standing up, and ironing the door to Mia's cell letting her out.

Mia looked at him surprised, "But-"

"I have what I wanted. If she killed me, i would be able to find peace because you forgave me." Edan said making Mia's heart warm.

"She's not going to kill you. I'll protect you." Mia said giving him a smile. "After all, I own them." Mia whispered determined to get the vampire Aurora back.