T H I R T Y - S E V E N

Old Friends

Old Friends

IT had been months since Klaus stuck a dagger in Mia, in the process he had managed to drive his entire family away and wanted nothing more than his little flower by his side.

But he knew better, if he did she would probably kill him.

Elijah was more than furious with his brother, "Klaus I will ask you again, where is Mia?!"

"I told you! She's in a third world country helping kids!" Klaus responded pouring himself bourbon. Elijah furiously grabbed him by the neck cutting his air supply, "First Hayley, now Mia?! The car she was supposed to take was never taken brother where is she?!"

Klaus struggled against his grip for a second before grabbing his wrist and turning it into a weird angle. "Don't touch me."

"Then tell em where she is." Elijah said stubbornly. This enraged Klaus, "You've been awfully needy towards my fiancé." Klaus said making Elijah roll his eyes.

"Not this-"

"No, no hear me out brother. These past months you've been nagging at me about the whereabouts of my Mia. I'm beginning to think you fancy her...brother." Klaus said dangerously low, as he narrowed his eyes at Elijah.

Elijah clenched his jaw, "I do not have any feelings towards Mia. She's family and I would like to know where she is."

For some odd reason, the eldest Original felt strange after saying that. There was a tingle in his tongue when he lied and he felt it as soon as he finished his response towards Klaus' accusation.

"Send her an electronic mail, or something! Go concern yourself with Hayley and I'll do the same with Mia." Klaus said fed up with Elijah's presence.

Elijah stormed out of the compound tired of being under the same roof as him and went to prepare for Haykey.

-

Nothing hurt more than being laying down here, Mia thought. The betrayal from those who you loved the most is enough to drive a person insane. Knowing you counted and depended on someone just so they can use it against you.

Mia sat by a river, next to Klaus who's as in the same clothing as the day they ran away.

"Why are you still here?!" Mia asked desperately trying to get rid of the one thing that was bothering her.

"Because you want me here, Mia. I'm your subconscious or a figment of your imagination." Klaus responded while looking at Mia was loving eyes.

"You're here to remind me of how much you've changed." Mia mumbled grabbing a rock and skidding it through the water watching it jump a few times before falling.