T H I R T Y T H R E E

Mia the Saint

Mia the Saint

ELIJAH enters the study to find Klaus searching furiously for something on the bookshelf.

"Can I help you find something?" Elijah asked.

"Yes, in fact, I believe you can. I'm looking for a book, about yay big, filled with our mother's most powerful spells. It appears to have been misplaced." Klaus said lost in thought as he continued to look around.

The eldest Original sat at his desk, "How very mysterious."

Klaus nodded, "Indeed. At first, I feared the witches had succeeded in their efforts to obtain it, but considering their last attempt ended with me relieving a rather large, tattooed gentleman of his hands, I began to wonder if the thief wasn't a bit closer to home."

He notices Elijah nonchalantly scribbling in a notebook. "Don't make this harder than it needs to be, brother." Klaus said.

"Well, admittedly, I did have a theory that your sudden interest in mother's grimoire was in some way related to whatever foolishness you've been conducting with the Crescent wolves. Therefore, I took it upon myself to carefully place it where naughty little fingers could not pry."

"And here I thought you, of all people, would understand. I am simply trying to help those wolves! Play Samaritan to the abused. Champion to the underdog, so to speak." Klaus said using hand motions to give him a visual effect.

"How splendidly noble of you."

Mia walked into the room holding coffee from their favorite place. "What's going on?" She asked and set the cup holder down.

" Elijah here doubts my intentions again! Have you ever considered that, like you, I am trying to keep Hayley safe? Using our mother's magic to empower her people so they are capable of protecting her?" He asked.

Elijah stood up and walked toward him, "Yes, unless, of course, they decide to seek retribution for decades held in exile, and Hayley will find herself in the middle of an uprising. One that will only provoke further violence. You see, you risk turning New Orleans into a war zone, brother. I won't let that happen."

"The drums of war were beating long before we returned. I suggest you use a little less of this," He makes a talking gesture with his hand, "and a little more of these." He points to his ears, and smiles fakely before sitting on the couch.

Mia's mouth was gaped open at how adorable he looked going it and began unbuttoning her blouse. "Elijah on your way out grab a coffee and close the door." She said and Elijah got the message practically running outside.

Klaus chuckled as he watched Elijah later turning his head back to his girl. "Something wrong?" He asked knowing full well what was going on as he saw the lust in her eyes.