F I F T Y - S I X

"childish behavior gets punished"

_____

MIA woke up the next day to make Hope breakfast while hayley went outside.

"Momma?" Hope walked into the kitchen, as she rubbed her eyes and yawned. "Are those pankakes?" She asked excited.

Mia nodded serving them on a plate, "Um duh!" Mia teased setting them on the table before going to the fridge to get syrup and whipped cream.

Kol, Elijah. Rebekah, Klaus and Freya hid behind the doorway as they listened and observed Mia and Hope.

Hayley walked in from outside with some fresh eggs.

"Mia I thought we agreed to not give her sugar this early in the morning." Hayley said making Mia freeze, as she gave Hayley a look.

"Come on the girl is going to need all the engery she can get. This family, uses a lot of it." Mia said giving Hayley puppy eyes.

Hope did the same, "Please!" She begged making Hayley give in.

"Fine, but not a lot." She compromised before going to make herself some coffee.

"Well this isn't something you see everyday." Kol said, exposing himself along with the rest.

"You guys were hiding behind the door like some creeps?" Mia asked, giggling after.

Hope and Klaus made eye contact, both feeling a wave of emotions. "Hello." She said towards Klaus after he made himself seem.

"Hello." Klaus said quietly as he looked at her with love.

Hope felt uncomfortable with the amount of people in the room and looked at Hayley and Mia.

"Moms, can I go play in the garden?" She asked, hiding behind them. Mia frowned slightly but quickly hid it with a smile.

"Of course." Hayley said before she ran off outside.

Klaus looked hurt by this and sat down where she was previously sitting. Mia sighed and walked towards him, wedging herself in between his legs.

"Breakfast is almost ready." Hayley said as the maid walked in with glasses of orange juice for them.

"What did you tell her about me?" Klaus asked, looking up at Mia.

"We told her stories, of the great king Klaus Mikaelson. Who loved his family very much. Every night she would
ask for a new one, and every night I would give her one." Mia said, a little taken back by his tone. She moved away from him and used the orange juice as an excuse to get away.

"It's true. Hope loves those stories. We also told her that you are a hybrid, and very old. Other than that we didn't really share the gory details."