F O R T Y - T W O

Chained and Caged

Chained and Caged

WATER trickled down the broken pipe, making a small plop, every time it made contact with the floor. Mia gripped the door handle harder hoping to break it but had no luck as she didn't have her strength. Klaus had locked her up in the cellar, until Freya knew exactly what was going on with her and why she was acting out of character.

"Klaus please let me out I'm feeling better!" Mia tried to yell but failed miserably becasue of the itch in her throat from the lack of blood. Klaus walked downstairs while holding a glass of bourbon mixed with blood.

"I'm not letting you go Mia. freya needs to find out what is wrong with you and then after we fix you I'll let you out. Until then, bottoms up my love." Klaus said placing the cup through the bars. Mia glared at him before grabbing it and drinking it all in a matter of seconds.

"Can you at least tell me what is going on up there? Please Nik, I'm bored to death down here and that stupid pipe is getting on my nerves!" Mia yelled before throwing the glass to the pipes, and collapsing infront of him tired.

"I'll bring you something to keep you entertained Mia." Klaus said with no emotion noticing her attitude has not made any progress since yesterday. Klaus turned around to head back upstairs when he felt her small hands grab his ankle.

"Nik please!" She begged, desperation evident in her tone and tears threatening to trickle down her cheeks. Klaus almost gave in, "No Mia, not until you get better." he insisted crouching to her level. he reached for her hand that she stubbornly pulled away and sighed.

"I'm sorry about kissing Elijah, I don't know what came over me Nik you know I would never do that. Please let me out, I can't stand being in the dark for one more day." She begged, but all Klaus did was stand up with an apolegetic look.

"I'll come see you tomorow my love." He whispered walking back upstairs. Elijah stood at the top of the stairs waiting for him with his hands in his pockets. "How is she?" Elijah asked making Klaus sigh.

"Mia is getting better yes, but slowly. I need to find something to keep her entertained while she is down there." Klaus said rubbing his forehead in frustration.

"This has got to be connected brother, with the prophecy. One by friend, one by foe, and one by family." Elijah remined him only to anger Klaus.

"Mia isn't a threat!" He yelled pushing past Elijah to go execute his plan. "If you'll excuse me brother, I have to take my ex girlfrined to lunch so that I can kill her." Klaus said before storming out of the compound.