F O R T Y - O N E

Old Flames

Old Flames

Klaus Mikaelson currently feared for his relationship with the love of his life. The reason being Mia had left when the second night at the de Martel residence, and for her own reasons that still remain a mystery to Klaus now.

When she had arrived back from her trip, she saw the Mikaelsons siblings in panic. "Father knows we are here." Kol said making the hair behind Mia's neck rise.

Mia quickly led them into a carriage and told the driver to drive as fast as he could. In those days of running, Klaus had not said a word to Mia even after her attempts to revive some sort of affection from him.

"Nik, why are you distant? I call you now and it is as if you're a thousand miles away." Mia whispered once they had a chance to be alone.

"It's is nothing Mia, get some sleep." Klaus replied before going to bed himself.

For days, Mia has believed it was her doing that made him distant towards her but sooner or later she would realize it was the doing of a certain red headed girl who managed to capture Klaus' attention.

Klaus drowned his feelings with a bottle of bourbon on a quiet Saturday morning, reflecting his poor choices during those days.

Mia stirred in her sleep before opening her eyes. The morning sun kissed her tan skin as the brunette stood up wrapped in white silk sheets as she made her way to Klaus.

She wrapped her smooth limbs around his neck and kissed his shirtless back. "What's the matter?" She asked.

"Nothing my love." Klaus lied kissing her hand before telling her to get changed. "We need to speak with Elijah." Klaus said watching her from the mirror as she wore a velvet pink lingerie.

As soon as the brunette was done getting ready, the voice of Elijah rang throughout the house hold.

"Niklaus!"

Klaus quickly made his way out with Mia a few steps behind as her brows quickly furrowed in confusion.

"Who's this for?" Mia asked bending down to pick up the paper before Klaus snatches it away. His face shows slight fear as he knows sooner or later his indiscretion will be revealed and hands it to Elijah.

"Roses are red, lavender is blue, come find me before I find you." Elijah read allowed for Mia making her look at Elijah confused.