S E V E N T Y - T H R E E

Father and Son Bonding Time __

__

Klaus and Carter were exactly alike, only Carter had a habit of making jokes during the worst cases. The plane ride over to France was filled with laughs and them getting to know eachother more.

It was almost as if Klaus was always there.

He knew what his favorite color was, and his favorite food. He knew which sports team was his favorite and what pranks he liked to pull on Bella.

It was everything Klaus dreamed of. Of course he knew not to tell him too much of his past, like the parts where he and Mia slaughtered entire villages. Carter even had the traits that made Klaus, well Klaus.

He had a darkness in him only Klaus could understand and help him through.

Carter finally believed the fairytales his sister use to tell him. "Having two parents is fun! I thought Bella and I would have to have two thanksgiving and Christmas." Carter said before looking out the window in compelete awe.

"Has your mother ever taken you to Paris?"

Carter looked at Klaus sheepishly, "Well, she had it planned but Bella and I had gotten into a fight at school. As the headmistress she had to cancel it to show some disciplinary action was being taken place." He said remembering the silly fight.

Klaus looked at him intrigued, "What was it about?"

Carter scoffed, "Some boy was hitting on Bella and put his hands on her. So, naturally I set him on fire." Carter said in a nonchalant tone making Klaus smile.

"We have to go to certain lengths to protect the woman that we love." Klaus said also looking down the window.

Carter stared at him, "You referring to mom now aren't you. We are going to get uncle Elijah and the rest of them so that they can help find Bella and Hayley. Dad did you tell mom we were leaving?" Carter asked as his eyes widened.

Klaus bit his lip, "I might have mentioned it once when she wasn't exactly listening." He said making Carter fall back into his seat.

"This is it. This is the end of Carter Mikaelson," he said dramatically. "I didn't even get to be a freshman in high school! I would have dominated that." He said snapping his fingers in frustration.

"You're going to be fine. I'll talk to your mother." Klaus said as the plane began to land. "Carter put your seatbelt on."

"Dad, I'm a tribrid. Also psychic but I haven't experienced something traumatic so I don't have access to that yet. Point is, I don't need a seat belt." Carter said scoffing lightly as he put his legs up on the seat.