T H I R T Y - E I G H T

Revelations

Revelations

LUCIEN and Klaus were back in the art gallery that was now empty and sat down at a table. "Lucien-- what are you really doing in my city?" Klaus asked .

Lucien looks momentarily embarrassed to be called out by Klaus, and he hesitates before speaking. "News has spread, old friend. Every vampire in the world knows you've been attacked. A number of times, nearly killed." Lucien explains.

Klaus, clearly unhappy to hear someone say this, rolls his eyes and snarks back sarcastically, "Oh, well, I can assure you that all those who stood against me ended up either desiccated, dust, or dinner."

Lucien laughs nervously and paces around, "Yes, but... what if it had gone the other way, hmm? When Finn was killed, we all learned the truth-- the life of every vampire is linked back to the Original who begat the line. Kol's death confirmed it. Two entire lines of vampires wiped out! As you can imagine, the threat level doesn't sit well with those of us who remain."

Klaus looked at him unamused, "Anyone fearing death as a result of my demise should come see me! I'll be happy to reassure them."

Lucien looks at him nervously, "Of course. You and your siblings are mighty, indeed. Though, the attacks on you show that you are not completely invulnerable. While you've wallowed in your family affairs, your progeny have grown somewhat... restless. The world is a finite place, territory limited. And even ancient vampires are not above vicious turf-wars. What if I told you there's a growing conflict between the remaining three sirelines, even Mia's side line is at war."

Klaus looks scared but tries to hide it, and when he opens his mouth to speak, Lucien cuts him off, "Suppose one of them wanted to annihilate the other? By killing Elijah? Rebekah?  You?"

"So, you came all this way to deliver a warning?" Klaus asked.

"Think about it! Kill an Original, wipe out an entire line of competition! A tempting goal, made more so by the fact that your family is divided and thus weaker than you have ever been!"

Klaus, not willing to hear any more aspersions against the strength of himself and his family, gets in Lucien's face and hisses at him. "My family is hardly weak! In fact, we are unkillable-- the last of the white oak is gone

Lucien narrows his eyes at Klaus skeptically, "Are you so certain it's all gone? Every last splinter of it? Vanished for good?"

Klaus smirks at him before grabbing him by the back of the neck and squeezing it threateningly, "Lucien, if you had even the slightest inkling any fragment of white oak still existed, of course you would tell me."

Lucien narrows his eyes, "Easy, Nik."

He takes Klaus' hand and pulls it off his neck, "You are my sire. My fate is linked to yours. If you want to know what I do about the dangers you now face, trust me enough to come with me. There is something that you must see." Lucien said taking him to his apartment.