bad dream.

if you're reading this, skip to some of my later oneshots as these are nowhere as near as good as the ones i've produced lately, but if you want to start from the beginning and see my growth over the next few months go right ahead <3

- kami [ october 14, 2019 ]

*** i recommend staring at "it was cold outside" ✨☁️

"kayc, are you up?" he asked as his voice broke.

"yeah, i am now. what happened?" she said as she looked over at the clock on her bedside table.

"i'm so sorry to call you so late, but can i come over, please?"

"of course, i'll leave the door unlocked." she said slowly slipping out of her bed onto the cold tile.

"i'll see you soon." he said as he hung up the phone.

kaycee slipped on her robe and made her way silently down the wooden floor, turning on the living room light as she went towards to door

she sat at the entrance of the door way, trying to keep warm as the icy wind spread across her figure as she quietly waited for sean to appear.

when he did pure pain masked his face and when he saw kaycee, he broke down into tears. she ran to him, pulling him into her arms, holding him as his body shook as tears streamed down his face. "sean." she said as her heart slowly broke seeing the boy crumble in front of her.

salty tears stained kaycee's shirt as the boy pulled at the hem of her shirt. her arms tangled in his hair, slowly massaging his head as pain ripped through his throat.

once she finally got him to calm down she held his face in her hands, making him meet her eyes. "we don't have to talk about this tonight." she said softly. "how about you sleepover and we can talk about it in the morning, yeah?" she said as a small smile lit up her face.

she laced her fingers with his as she lead him to her room. she turned off all the lights and pushed off her robe revealing her pink pajama pants and a black tank top.

sean face was still filled of sorrow when he slipped under the covers next to kaycee. she turned towards him, her fingertips traced the lines on his hands as she drifted into sleep.

the bright light peaked through an opening through her curtains, causing the warmth of the sun to wake her. her eyes shifted to the soft snores from beside her.

her eyes studied his face as he slept. she admired him as his chest rose up and down. her fingertips made its way to his hair, softly running them through it.

sean's eyes slowly fluttered open, adjusting to the bright sun peaking through. kaycee reached out to close the blinds as he laid covering his face from the bright light.

her eyes met his and just for once, the world felt liked it stopped, just for a second. his hand went up to softly trace her cheek and kaycee's cheeks flushed with a red tint.

a smile flashed his face seeing kayc blush. he sat up, kaycee doing the same. he grabbed her softly around the waist and pulled her in close. " i don't ever want to loose you kayc." he said as a tear slipped from his glossy eyes.

"is this about what happened last night?" she said as she held his chin in her hand.

" i had a really, really bad dream last night kayc. it was so terrible i couldn't go back to sleep. i just laid in bed as i sobbed uncontrollably until i couldn't cry anymore." he said as his voice began to break.

" sean, what did you dream of?" she said concern filling her voice.

"you. you killed yourself, kayc. it was the most horrifying thing to see. you were just laying there, lifeless. blood spilled from the cuts of your wrists. seeing you like that was the worst things i've ever seen. i couldn't imagine my life without you kaycee." he said as the tears fell one after another.

"sean, sean look at me." she said making him meet her eyes.

"that was just a dream, i'm here now. im never going to leave you sean. i love you. " she said as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

his head was tucked into the crook of her neck as kaycee's hand softly traced his back. " i love you too, kayc." he said as she looked up to meet his eyes.

sean closed his eyes as he felt soft lips brush against his. kaycees heart fluttered when their lips moved in sync. "sean" she whispered slowly, savoring each letter as if it was the last time she would say his name.

sean pulled away, leaning his forehead against hers staring into her star filled eyes, " i love you so much, kaycee."

"i love you so much, sean." she said as she rested her head against his chest. "it was just a bad dream, but i'm here now."

///

hi sorry i've been so busy! i'm like drowning in school work, it's pretty fun! this isn't very good, i pretty much made it in 10 minutes, but ily guys :)

- kami 🌻