free me.

this contains signs and actions of an abusive relationship, also lightly refers to self harm, if in anyway these triggers you i suggest that you skip this story. <3

don't forget that i'm always here if any of you need to talk, whether it's a vent or just to chat.

and without further a due, here we go.

~ kami

~~~~~

"you told me you loved me!" kaycee cried, her fist hitting against his chest as the screaming sobs fell from her lips. "i thought you loved me."

kaycee watched as a laugh fell from his lips, his eyes glistening with entertainment as he gripped her wrist, tightening his grasp as he pulled her face to his. "i don't love you, i never did." he whispered, pulling her lips inches away from his. "and i never will."

sean pushed her back, watching as she fell onto the cold tile, tears soaking her cheeks as she rubbed away the redness his fingertips left on her wrist.

her body trembled as sobs wracked her body, from her mouth came a cry so raw that would bring the eyes of strangers wet with tears.

"why did you do it?" she whispered, scared to meet his eyes for the anger that ignited in his eyes like a lighter in kerosene.

"to hurt you before you hurt me." he hummed simply, a smirk falling onto his lips as he watched the young girl whimper, letting her curls stick to the tears.

"i would never hurt you." kaycee reached for his hands, sliding her fingers in between his before wrapping her arms around his waist, letting her head fall onto his chest.

sean watched as the small girl buried her face in his shirt, her arms trembling as he ran his hand gently down her hair, pulling her chin to look at him.

kaycee winced as he dragged his fingertip across her cheek, stroking the tears away. "i'm sorry, baby." she mustered, pressing her lips against his, he pulled her close, his lips curling upwards as she melted into his arms. "do you forgive me?"

kaycee didn't know what she was apologizing for, she only knew that it was her fault.

she did something to make him act this way.

he pulled away, letting her forehead touch hers as he took his hand through her curls. "yes."

kaycee's mother warned her about these types of relationships, to stay away from them.

but kaycee didn't listen.

she was drawn to him like a moth to a flame, he was the light in her darkness, and pulled her out of a place of her own self abuse.

he picked her up from the studio floor and took her into his arms, holding her as she broke down in the middle of a solo. he pulled her away from the crowd, sitting her down in the hallway as he let her tears soak his shirt.

sean cleaned her wrist as the blood spilt from her open wound, placing a warm towel against it as he sat beside her on the edge of the bath.

he lied beside her, pulling her into his chest as he hummed her to sleep, drowning out the screams from her parents downstairs.

he was there for her when no one was, when she was in the most fragile state.

they spent endless nights at his house, sean rocking her to sleep when she found out the news of her parents divorce.

sean slowly glued back the pieces, stitching her broken heart to make her whole again. he made sure with any opportunity he had, he made her feel worthy. he made her feel she deserved to live.

it was something she was missing from her life, someone who cared and loved her.

he made sure to tell her how beautiful she was, how she took his breath away when she did as little as just glance at him.

kaycee couldn't keep a smile off her face the day he asked her to be his girlfriend. he had taken her along the beach, the sand sinking in between their toes as he wrapped his arm around her waist. she remembers how the cold air spun around them, the waves crashing loudly behind them like thunder in a lightning storm. she remembers when he stopped and turned to her, his hand cupping her cheeks as his lips gently grazed hers.

she remembers the way his lips traveled across her body as they discarded their clothing, to the floor. the way the cold air hit her skin as she woke up beside him the next morning.

she remembers it all.

kaycee remembers the day his hand stung her cheek for the first time, the way tears fell from her eyes as she fell back, watching as he immediately took her into his arms- whispering an apology into her ear as he left feathery kisses against her porcelain skin.

she remembers how he gripped her waist tightly, refusing to let her go with her friends. sean told her that they didn't like her, they  wanted nothing do with her and she believed him. she always did.

it was until one day, she looked in the mirror and saw the bruises that lined her jaw. she saw the redness in her eyes from the long nights she spent hiding in her closet, crying quietly because she was afraid he would hear her. 

it was until that day she realized she was too late.

kaycee always found herself making excuses for him, "things will get better, it was just an accident" or "maybe it's my fault."

she was a forgiver. her heart was so large she found room to believe in second chances, and find the good in people.

she grew up watching a broken love, her parents. she thought love was built of the things she has seen in her own household, so when the first person who came into her life and showed her a feeling other than that, she wouldn't dare let it go.

sean was the only person who cared for her, the only person who picked her up from the floor and loved her when she was deemed unlovable he was the only one who dared to fix a girl as broken as kaycee.

she knew their relationship was unhealthy, but she was addicted to him. she was addicted to the way he made her feel, like fireworks were bursting through her. until the feeling extinguished, leaving this empty feeling she was immune to since she met him.

kaycee was afraid, afraid to let him go because she didn't want to go back to the person she was before she met him.

she didn't want to be broken again.

so she did what she always did.

she slipped from his arms in the middle of the night and silently walked into her closet, curling into the corner as tears broke from her eyes.

and she prayed.

prayed to be free from the chains he cuffed around her wrist.

prayed to be free from this so called "love" she had embedded into her mind, like a tattoo.

prayed to find the courage to leave him and run, run until her legs couldn't carry her any longer.

but she found her prayers were never heard, maybe they weren't meant to be heard. so she cried and cried, hiding behind the clothing that hung above her as her boyfriend slept peacefully just outside the door.

and all she wanted was to be free.