break.

if you're reading this, skip to some of my later oneshots as these are nowhere as near as good as the ones i've produced lately, but if you want to start from the beginning and see my growth over the next few months go right ahead <3

- kami [ october 14, 2019 ]

*** i recommend staring at "it was cold outside" ✨☁️

——

hi hoes ;) it's 2am and i'm in my feels so let's see how this goes.
- kami 🌻

///

kaycee's eyes were glued on sean's as the music started, indicating the beginning of the shot.

kaycee's mind was clouded with the pressure of her career, causing her to become distracted her from the filming.

sean watched as she threw her hands against the table in frustration, tears threatening to spill as she stared at the lines in her hand.

sean saw the dark circles that hugged her tired eyes and frown that replaced her usual smile.

he rested his hand on her tense shoulder, gently massaging it. he knew her like the back of his hand, and she hated that he knew when she wasn't okay.

she met his soft brown eyes and smiled softly, resting her hand against his, as she laid her head against their intertwined hands. "how about we go take a little break, hm?" he asked as he pulled her up from the chair. "i think you deserve it."

sean drove for what felt like forever to kaycee until the car came to stop. sean turned the car off as he took the keys out and stepped out of his jeep.

"sean- we don't have time, we have to be back on set soon." kaycee stressed as she shut the passenger seat door.

sean's hand found its way to the side of her face as he met her eyes, "kayc, just slow done for once. life is moving so incredibly fast, but it doesn't meet you have to, too."

she nodded as a single tear slipped down her cheek.
" i've just been so overwhelmed, with everything. there's so much pressure on me and i don't know to handle it."

"it's okay, kayc. you're an amazing dancer and human, and a lot of people have projects they want you to be a part of and classes they want you to take, but you're human kaycee. you need a break. " sean said as he wrapped his muscled arms around her waist. "it's going to be okay, rice, i promise."

kaycee pulled away, wiping away the tears that were falling down her cheek. "thank you, sean. i really appreciate it."

"i'm always here, kayc. now let's finally get the break you deserve." he said as he grabbed her hand, pulling her with him.

kaycee had no idea what sean was planning. they were walking on a sidewalk and a few minutes later they were hiking up a mountain.

kaycee was in shape, like good shape, but she was even stopping to catch her breath. "sean, i don't know what your idea of a break is, but let me tell you, this ain't it."

"stop wining kayc, we're almost there." sean said as he began running up the steep trail, RUNNING.

"jesus, sean. what the hell are you thinking?!" kaycee cried as she began jogging behind him.

sean reached the top before kaycee, she knew he was in shape, but god damn he was in shape.

sean watched as kaycee almost collapsed when she reached the top. "sean. first of all, what the hell? second." she yelled as she punched his arm.

"maybe you should turn around before you hit me." sean said as he spun her the other way.

"holy sh-" kaycee whispered to herself before covering her mouth. " it's beautiful."

sean wrapped his arm around her as he walked towards the edge of the cliff, that overlooked the roaring ocean.

he sat down, his legs dangling of the edge as he patted the rocky floor next to him. kaycee grabbed his hand as she nervously sat beside him.

the sun was making its way behind the horizon, slowly turning the sky into an artwork of pastel pinks and oranges. she watched in awe as the waves crashed against the rocks below them and the chilly breeze of the sea kissed their cheeks.

"sean, thank you. thank you for bringing me here and calming me down. you're always there for me, in ways i can't explain." she said as she looked into his rich brown eyes, that looked like the earths soil.

she blushed as she realized how lost she got into his eyes, " i just, don't know what i would do without you."

"i love you, kayc." sean said as he intertwines their trembling fingers. "i don't know why it's so hard for me to say it to you, maybe it's because you're not like bailey, tahani or anyone else. you're way more than what they are to me." sean whispered as he leaned in closer, close enough to see the small freckles that hid beneath her long lashes.

" i love you too, sean."

"but not the way you love me."

sean backed up, turning his face towards the noisy ocean. his eyes began to sting as tears began to form in his eyes, " i should've known she didn't feel the same way." sean thought to himself.

"i don't love you, sean. im in love with you." kaycee smiled as she watched his eyes light up.

kaycee pulled his face inches away from hers as she pressed her lips against his. her arms found his way to his neck as sean pulled her close enough to smell the sweet perfume that was beginning to wear off.

kaycee's face was beaming as she pulled away to look into his eyes. "i'm in love with you too." sean said as he returned the same smile.

kaycee laid her head on his shoulder as the sky began to darken. sean kissed her head just as he snuggled against her, watching the sun disappear beyond the horizon.

kaycee smiled as she kissed sean's cheek,
" this was just the break i needed."