sunshine.

this is the shortest thing i've written in a while, but school is kicking my ass and i just haven't found the time to write which i apologize for. thank you all for being so patient and understanding. so much love to you all <3

- kamille 🌻

you are my sunshine
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                              ┊┊┊
                              ┊┊┊ ❁ཻུ۪۪ ━ ❝
                               ┊┊┊   my only sunshine
                                   ┊┊⋆               ❞
                                  ❀┊
                                  ︒✯⋅

"Kayc, is everything okay?" Sean says into the phone, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed to turn on the lights. He looks down at his watch, the hands of the clock counting down to midnight.

He makes his way down to his front door, already hearing the whimpers from the other side of the door, he swings it open - his heart breaking as his eyes land on his best friend who was sitting at the edge of the steps.

"Angel." Sean whimpers, his hands finding their way to her face - with his thumb, he wiped away the streaks that were left stained across her cheeks.

Kaycee was a light in the darkness, a warmth that made your heart feel at ease and your breath to wisk away as if the smile that danced across her lips had physically pulled the air from your lungs. But, today wasn't that Kaycee.

"Kaycee, what happened?" Kaycee buried her face in his palms, the warmth of his fingertips gliding against her cheeks as tears dripped from her eyes like candle wax. "Talk to me."

Sean pressed his thumb to her chin, softly lifitng her eyes to his. Sean had never seen such sadness in someone's eyes, especially hers. Her gentle eyes, the fresh grassy green that swirled into an atlantic blue were dark, the golden specks that danced in her irises were now dull and betrayed.

He looked in her eyes, and he saw emptiness. He saw a person he hadn't seen since the night of divisonal finals, a person that he worked so hard to keep away as long as he was alive. And he didn't understand why she was back.

But as he examined her face he realized the darkness that caved under her lashes, the line that began to form where her smile used to lay. Her hand landed on top of his, a coldness in her fingertips made him jolt back.

Was she always this cold?

"I'm sorry." Kaycee mustered, so quietly he thought it could have been the wind. "I shouldn't have come here this late at night."

"You know I'm always going to be here for you, no matter what time of the day it is." Sean pressed his lips to her knuckles, "That's what best friends are for."

"Im loosing myself, Sean."

"What do you mean?" He shifts over, his hand resting against her knee.

A tear falls from her lashes as she bites down on her shirt, her body trembling, as her world became crashing down onto her shoulders. "I'm loosing myself, I don't know who I am anymore, I'm scared of the person im becoming, I j-just don't want to do this anymore."

Sean places his hand in hers, waiting for the tears to slow. "What can I do to help?"

"Hold me."

Sean scoots closer, swinging her legs on top of his lap and letting her head fall against his chest. His hand curled around her sides, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"you are my sunshine, my only sunshine."

Sean hummed the tune in her ear, soothing her silent cries.

"you make me happy when skies are gray. you'll never know, dear, how much i love you."

Kaycee raises her chin, clutching his tear stained shirt as his own voice began to break.

"Please don't take my sunshine away."