so do i.

kaycee walked off stage, sean following close behind as they struggled to keep the tears from spilling.

"if there's one person i could thank for this entire thing, it's definitely kaycee." sean croaked, as kaycee wrapped her arms around him.

as soon as the cameras were off them, they both broke down. sobs escaped their throats and tears soaked their shirts as they walked over to their families.

it was hard for them to see all their work and sleepless nights for the competition go to waste, like it meant nothing.

once everyone left and it was just kaycee and sean, they wrapped their arms around each other, comforting the other as they broke down in sobs.

"im so sorry. im so sorry, sean." kaycee cried out as she took her head in her hands. "you should've came into this show with a better partner, you could've won. i just slowed you down."

"don't ever say that, kaycee. you have made this whole experience incredible, and i wouldn't want to have done this without you." sean croaked, wrapping his arm around kaycee, pulling her close.

they walked out of the studio, hand in hand and tears still falling down their cheeks. they waved off charity and andres, not feeling a bit of jealousy. they deserved it, they were just as great and there was no point in tearing them down.

they jumped on the bed, still completely shocked that, it was their last time on that stage competing as a duet. "i cant believe it's over." kaycee whispered, as she lifted her head up from the pillow. "we're not a duet anymore."

"even though we got cut, i wouldn't trade this experience for anything else. especially because i went through it with you." sean said as a small smile hung on his lips.

kaycee slid off her bed, walking over to sean's. she wrapped her arms around him, holding him close as she gently grazed his cheek with her finger, wiping away a tear.

kaycee was standing in uncomfortable stance, and sean could tell, but he knew she wouldn't let go.

he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her over into his lap. she folded her legs around his waist, still holding on to him and they stayed like that for a while, just sitting and enjoying each other's presence.

sean could tell she was getting tired, her eyes began to slowly close and she would yawn every couple seconds.

so he laid down, taking her with him. her arm fell against his chest and her leg wrapped around his.

she looked up at him, a smile forming against her lips. "thank you for everything. you've made this experience so much better than it would've been with someone else."

"sean, you're the most incredible person i've ever worked with, and not only are you my partner, but you're my best friend and i couldn't ask for anything more. i wish this could last forever." she whispered her, as her hand traced circles on his stomach.

sean sat up, pulling kaycee's chin up to look at her. "kaycee rice, will you do me the honor of becoming my lifetime best friend and partner."

she giggled, her eyes falling to the wide smile that fell against his lips, "of course."

the room filled with laughter as sean and kaycee fell into each other, her leg tangled in his and his arm across hers. "i don't want to get up. i know how badly you want your own bed." kaycee whined, exaggeratedly reaching towards her bed.

"who says i want you to leave?" sean hummed, his hand tracing circles on her arm.

a smile formed on her lips as she laid her head against his chest, her hand finding his. "thank you, sean. thank you for everything."

"i couldn't do without you." he whispered, placing a kiss against her forehead.

she looked up at him, a small smile appearing just before she reached up and placed a kiss against his rosy cheeks. "i wish we could stay like this forever."

"so do i."

///

hey! this is something i just randomly whipped up after i finished my state testing  early ajsjska. please and when i say please i mean PLEASE leave suggestions because a girl is DYING OVER HERE. thank you :)

- kami 🌻