you and me.

hey! so i've been working on this all day, so let's hope it's not bad 😌

dedicated to: seayceetings cathyliz prfctlew - this is also the reason why i haven't texted you guys back but i love you <3

- kami ☁️✨

"Do you think we'll be alone forever?" Kaycee whispered, her curls sticking to the bubblegum chapstick slathered across her lips.

Just beside her laid her best friend and longtime dance partner, a hand pressed up to the sun, the other whisking the daises into a bouquet for her hair. "No, do you?"

"Not exactly."

Sean sets down the wildflowers, turning over onto his side, to admire the miniature sun before him. "A penny for your thoughts?"

"I mean, we're adults now, we can go out and see people and date people, but we don't." Kaycee scoots over and places her head against his stomach, sighing as he slips his fingers through her hair. "Why's that?"

"Maybe we're waiting for someone."

"I know who I'm waiting on." Kaycee giggles, her laughter erupting in the air like confetti. "Do you?"

"Yeah, but I don't think she's waiting on me." Sean lets out a soft sigh, knowing he's been waiting on this girl for years and she still had no clue about his feelings for her.

His love for her grew every second they spent with each other, an overflowing garden planted in his heart, her presence showering sunlight overtop.

"She must be a lucky girl."

Sean chuckled, lifting his head to look up to the girl pressed against his skin. "I'm pretty sure she doesn't know."

"Then tell her."

He carefully sits up, gently pulling her beside him. "Here." Sean presses his thumb to her cheek, swiping a bit of chapstick from her chin before taking the tied together daises and placing the crown of wildflowers on her head.

Kaycee's face transforms into the setting sun, a fiery shade of orange cascades across her skin as her best friend reaches into his pocket and pulls out his phone. "Sean...", Her voice fades below the feathery giggles that erupt from the boys lips.

"You make me feel like i'm young again." Kaycee falls back into the grass, her ankles tickled by the carnations of dandelions, their sweet whispers making the rainbow making smile transform across her lips. "Who knew I would be laying in a field with 'The Sean Lew' at the age of 21."

"Who knew I would be lying in a field with 'The Kaycee Rice', a daisy crown placed over her head at the age of 22." Sean mocks, cocking his head as his best friend stays silent, her eyes locked on the sky above.

"You good?"

In her eyes, he could see her entire world, he was almost sure he caught a glimpse of himself.

"I'm good." Kaycee breathes, "Just admiring."

"What are you admiring?"

"This moment." She whispers, twirling a strand of her curls in between her fingertips. "We're adults now, and we're still able to make time for ourselves, we're still together."

"When I asked you to be my partner, I didn't think you would stick with me all of these years." Sean links their pinky fingers together pressing his hand to his lips as he gazes into her eyes, a sense of euphoria bleeding through his veins, "What did I do to deserve you, Kayc?"

"What's so great about me, anyways? You could have any dancer as your partner and you chose me, and you still choose me?" She leans close to his face, her thumb finding his way to his cheeks, caressing the dimples that carve his face. "Why me?"

Sean pushes himself into a sitting position, extending his hand out to Kaycee, her bottom lip pushed out as the ends of her mouth begin to form into a radiant smile. 

"At the age of fifteen, I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life dancing with you. Of course, I had the biggest crush on you like every other boy in the industry did, but I couldn't watch you dance around with someone else, someone who didn't admire you the way you should have been." A breathy laugh leaves his lips as he holds her face in his hands.

"So, I asked you to be my partner, even before you and Gabe had split."

The skin beneath Kaycee's eyes begin to crinkle, her head falling against her partners chest as a wave of giggles erupt from her throat. "You never gave up, even after all the dirty looks from Gabe and the many rejections from me."

"Then, one night I got a call, I remember almost flipping the dinner table over the moment you told me you dropped your long term partner for me."

Sean crinkles his nose, adjusting the flower crown on Kaycee's head as she leans back against his chest, her hand finding the curls of his hair. "No one thought we would be partners for this long, especially us."

"Now look at us." Sean presses his lips to her forehead, ignoring the fiery tint that began to dance along his cheeks.

"Sean?" Kaycee mutters, turning her head to the face she's watched transform into the man he is standing before her.

"We're waiting on each other, aren't we?" Kaycee hums, finding his hand as she reaches over to caress his skin. "All these years, we've always waited for each other... even now."

"You and me together? Never." Sean presses his hand on top of hers, never breaking eye contact as he brings his other hand through her hair.

"Yeah, never." Kaycee chuckles beneath her breath, feeling herself get lost in his gaze.

And almost as if the world had been waiting for this moment, the lilac sky sprinkled with plumb hues melted together as the sun's light danced along the faces of the two adults, confronting the feelings of the teenagers they once were.

Sean hooks his thumb below Kaycee's ear, leaning down, he leaves soft kisses at the edge of her mouth, showering her with a flicker of warmth - earning a frustrated sigh from the girl before him.

She looks up to his eyes, her eyes glossed with anticipation and excitement as the blush deepens in her cheeks.

Sean soft lips captures hers, causing her body to tremble as the euphoric warmth blossoms within her once more. Kaycee's fingers hook at the back of his neck as his hands travel across her back, as the foreign sensation washes over the two.

Pulling away slightly, they rest their heads against each other's foreheads, the last of the suns light coating their skin as Kaycee plants her lips to Sean's forehead.

"You and me together? Absolutely crazy."