it's not our time.

this is a little short something i wrote until i figure out pt 2 of that one story i forgot the name of but y'all know what i'm talking about skksaj

- kami 🌻

-

there's a time where things must come to an end. even you and me.

our nights were filled with soft snores and intimate conversations, and our days were filled with stolen glances and longings to be together.

we tried so hard to make it work, to keep it hidden, but that was only tearing us apart. we denied every allegation of our love, and it hurt not being able to tell everyone you were mine.

it was hard not being able to pull you into my arms and kiss your pink lips whenever i wanted to, but i knew how much you wanted to keep our relationship private.

during classes, we would sneak away from everyone else just to share a kiss. even if it was just for a second, it was worth it.

but we can't do it anymore. we can't keep living our lives hiding from everyone. i can't continue doing this, lying to everyone we love.

"i can't do this anymore, kaycee. i can't continue hiding our relationship from everyone. it's been two years, two years we've been hiding." sean huffed as he looked to the girl against his chest. "this has to end."

"okay." kaycee hummed, pushing against his chest as she leaped up from his bed.

"kaycee, where are you going?" sean asked, his voice thick of confusion as he propped himself up.

"i'm going home." kaycee laughed, pulling her shirt over her head before placing a kiss against his lips. "i'll see you later."

"kaycee, we need to talk about this. i can't keep doing this. everything comes to an end, maybe it's our time. i don't want to be with you, if i have to hide it. i don't want to hide my love for you."

"sean, what are you saying?" kaycee blurted, her eyes filling with tears as the words slipped from his mouth.

"i think we should break up."

kaycee watched as a single tear fell from his eye before walking out of his room. "fine then, if that's what you want."

kaycee laid in her bed, staring at the blurry ceiling, the ocean overflowing in her eyes.

"it's all my fault, it's all because i'm scared to take our relationship public. i love him so much and it's over because i'm too scared."

-

sean laid on his bed, his eyes glued to his phone as he waited for a text from her. "i'm so fucking stupid."

as his fingertips hovered over the keyboard, a notification lit up his screen. "kaycee rice just posted a video."

he clicked on the notification so quick, he just broke up with her what could she possibly be posting?

"hey guys it's kaycee. i have something really important to talk about with all of you ." her voice echoing through his room as the video played.

"if you really love someone, don't be afraid to show it. don't be afraid of what the others will say because it won't matter as long as you're with the person you love.

sean, im sorry."

"im sorry i was too focused on what people would say. i love you, sean. everything comes to an end, but it's not our time yet."  kaycee croaked, her starry eyes gazing into the camera.

"it's not our time yet."

sean threw his phone on his bed, and slipped his shoes on before running out into the lonely, cold night.

he ran and ran until he reached her house, swinging her front door open as he ran up to her room.

he flung her door open, revealing kaycee slipping her coat on and pulling her hair into a ponytail. "sean, i was just goin-"

she was cut off by his lips being crashed onto hers. she ran her fingers through his
dark hair, pulling him closer as his hands wrapped around her waist.

kaycee pulled back slightly, resting her head on his as he took her hand in his.

"so i guess we're official to the public now?" sean hummed, his eyes gazing at the small smile dancing on her lips.

"we're official."