it's time for me to go.

im so sorry i haven't updated in a bit, i had the worst writers block and not to mention i've literally been so busy ugh.. but hopefully that changes bc i've missed writing :(

this is also kinda sad so like i'm sorry

dedicated to my favorites kayceEseaniE seayceetings jaclynong cathyliz prfctlew  THAT1GURLLL
i love you all <3

- kami 💛

. . .

Today was his last day.

The room was filled to the rim of faces he had grown up with; his family, friends, dancers from the studios he's been going to since he was ten, everyone was there. Everyone saying goodbye to a boy who wasn't ready to leave.

Tears and sobs echoed throughout the halls, friends and family holding onto each other as they watched her walk in, her mother and father by her side, basically holding her up as she makes her way to his room.

"I'm not ready to say goodbye, please, don't make me go!" She cries, collapsing onto the cold tile, strands of hair sticking to her trembling lips as she wraps her delicate fingers around her sides.

"Kaycee, I know this is hard, but you're the only reason he's staying. You're the only reason he's been fighting for so long. He's tired, Kaycee. He needs to go and you're the only reason he hasn't gone, because he can't go without saying goodbye."

Kaycee looks up to her mother, wiping her wet cheeks with the backside of her hand. "Is he awake?"

"He's ready whenever you are." Miya whispers, taking her sons' best friends face into her palms, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Please let my boy go, he's ready."

"What if im not ready for him to go?" Kaycee whimpers, falling into the chest of her best friend's mother.

"He's always going to be with you, dancing by your side, no matter where you go." Serris interjects, kneeling down beside Kaycee. "You know my brother never left your side, and that's never going to change."

Kaycee gently lifts her head up, peering down at the room at the end of the hall. She wasn't ready for this moment, but the truth is she never would be.

It felt like forever she was walking down the hall, her feet pattering against the floor, passing by rooms she could have sworn she's passed for the hundredth time.

Each room she passed, his got closer.

Each room she passed, she felt as if weights were being attached to her shoes.

Each room she passed, she felt her throat getting tighter as tears rimmed her eyes.

Kaycee passes the last room, stoping in front of an open door, the sound of "Silence" By Khalid fills her ears and she can't help but smile a little.

She takes a deep breath, her heart at the verge of bursting through her chest as she finds the strength to walk in. "Kaycee?" She hears a weak whisper from inside the room, "I know you're out there, please come in."

"I'm scared."

"Of what?" Sean muttered, his voice being overpowered by the music playing off his phone.

"Because I know that once I walk into this room, you'll have to say goodbye."

Kaycee finds her feet taking her into the room, tears falling from her lashes as she's met with
her partner. Sean reaches out for her, his cheeks wet with tears as she crawls into the hospital bed beside him, clutching his chest as she cries into the crook of his neck.

"Kaycee, please don't cry." Sean places his lips against the tears that roll down her cheeks, kissing them away. "I promise everything will be okay."

Sean takes the necklace he had gotten for her birthday in between his fingers, reminiscing the giddy smile that overtook her lips as he placed it on her. He couldn't believe how happy this girl was a few months ago, only to be wrapped up in his hospital sheets to spend his last few moments together.

"Kaycee?"

"Yes?" Kaycee lifts her head, gazing into the brown oracle hues that colored his eyes.

"Promise me you won't go back to Gabe?" He giggles, biting back a foolish smile from cascading across his face.

"I mean, you really couldn't do anything if I did." She teases, her bottom lip trapped between her teeth as she watches his eyes widen.

"Oh Kayc, I will physically come back from the dead and knock some sense into you."

"I might just go back with him just to see you." Kaycee hums, the realization of what she was doing there comes back to her.

"Hey, don't get all sad on me, I promise you'll see me again, but hopefully not anytime soon because I will literally send you back." Sean chuckles, wiping away a tear from Kaycee's face as she hits his arm playfully.

"Kayc, can you do one last thing for me?" He whispers, clutching her fingertips and pressing them to his lips. "Just lay here with me."

"Of course." Kaycee smiles, pressing her head to his chest as his hands snake around to rest on her side. "Thank you, Kayc." Sean whispers. "For making every day of my life worth living for."

Sean watches as her breathing slows, her chest falling and rising in short bursts against his. His hand feathers through her hair, gently pushing back a strand of hair behind her ear before placing his lips to the edge of her mouth, the sound of the monitor whirling in the distance.

Sean presses his lips to her forehead as the world grows blurry around him. Tears began to stream down his face, wetting Kaycee's skin as he calls his parents into the room.

He couldn't leave while she was awake, he couldn't let her watch him take his last breath.

He knew she couldn't handle saying goodbye, so he left before she could get the chance.

"See you in the next life, my love."

and just like that, he was gone.