step by step.

hey guys so this story is going to be different. it's the last day of may, which is mental health awareness month, i've been waiting to share this with you all and i hope that you find some type of comfort and hope within this story.

recently, i have dealt a lot with depression and anxiety. i don't talk about it much, but this past year was extremely hard for me and my mental health. i'm still finding ways to better myself and continue to help myself, and i do take medication, so in the story it will talk about the hesitation of medication, which is what i had felt when i was diagnosed. i am doing better, and i found things that truly make me happy, you guys, writing, sean and kaycee. you all have been such a huge part of this recovery process for me in ways you can't imagine and for that i am extremely thankful.

your mental health is important.

this isn't exactly the best writing, but it was what i was feeling and i just needed to get this message across.

if you ever need to talk, i am always here to listen. your mental health is important, put yourself first.
like i always say, i am always here to talk. i love you all so much and take care of yourselves.

- kamille

~~~~

Sean slid down his bedroom door, a cry escaping his lips as his fingers ran through his long hair.

He felt as if his heart was pulsating through his chest, his fingers began trembling as he made his way to the bedside table, feeling around for the transparent orange bottle.

He fumbled with the bottle of pills, unscrewing the cap before letting a single capsule dissolve into his mouth, falling into his bed - sighing as it engulfed him like thoughts in his head.

Sean made his way to the bathroom, looking back at his tired eyes - the purple bags under his eyes seemed to darken over the past few days, probably from his sleepless nights spent on the roof, chattering with the stars as the moon consoled him, comforting him from a far.

He pushed his bed to the window so he could listen to sweet hums from the moon, her sweet tunes drowning out the sounds of his own despair.

He gazed back at the person in the mirror, disappointed of the man he has became - he never wanted to be the one to rely on pills, because he was unable to control his thoughts.

He hated having to rely on something to make him feel normal, to be able to do things he usually did.

Sean barely left his room, clouded in his thoughts as he stared at the blank ceiling - ignoring the constant messages from kaycee and his friends. His overused excuses not convincing them anymore.

Every night, he slipped out his window, sitting on the roof with a bundle of blankets and just watched the sky. The cold november stung his skin, making him sneak back into his bedroom before his thoughts caused him to step off the edge.

He was tired, drained, sick of the things that he was dealing with - things he never pictured himself having to deal with. "Sean, can you tell me what you have been feeling lately?" A tall, dark skinned woman asked, placing the laptop on her lap as she turned to Sean.

"I- i don't know. " he said simply, his mother cooing him as tears began streaming down his face. "i just feel so empty, i don't enjoy the things i use to and when i do i can't stop these thoughts, they just don't stop and i just want everything to stop."

Later that night, he locked himself in his bedroom, bundled in his pile of blankets as the tv buzzed in the background, stuck on the same channel for days. He scrolled through his phone, when he heard a knock on his door. "Sean, it's Kaycee." she whispered sweetly, already able to see the rays of sunshine shooting from underneath the door. "Your mom said that it was okay I could come over."