where are you?

well hello guys! hopefully you all didn't forget me :D i missed writing so much and i hope that i can start writing more frequently! this is shorter than what i usually write but i hope you still enjoy it!

also,,, i love you all so much. thank you so much for over 200K reads on my book, that's insane. even though i'm not active as much i still see that people are reading my work and it makes me so incredibly happy. you are all are the reason i continue to do what i do, so thank you.

this definitely is not my best work but i desperately needed to get something up before i drove myself crazy so this should
do for now!!

[ just a reminder that this is purely fictional as always]

anyways, let's get onto the writing !!

love always,
kami <3

One hour passes and you're still not here. The clock in the hallway is ticking impatiently, counting down for your return - each little buzz and each little knock as each second goes by that you're presence is missing.

Where did you go?

Two hours pass. I'm not worried, you're probably taking your afternoon nap or binging The Office - too deep into the episode to look at your phone.

I sit down in the living room, putting on your favorite episode hoping that you're watching it too. I can almost hear trickles of your laughter as your favorite scene lights the screen.

But as the minutes go by and there's still no sign of you, I wonder what you could be doing, where you could be going, who you could be talking to - all the possible reasons you're so silent.

Are you mad at me? Did I say something last night that may have upset you?

All these questions with no answers. The clock is ticking louder and louder each second, warning me to stop pushing. That's fair, I think to myself as I scramble for another activity to clear my head.

Before I know it, I'm in the backseat of an uber on my way to one of your favorite restaurants. As I step out of the car, I look up to the sign with hopeful eyes - What if she's here? I think to myself, I know you aren't but if you were I would take you to the booth you always run to the minute you walk in.

It's at the back of the restaurant near an open window. Kaycee always sat on the right side and near the window, she always loved to watch the people pass by - imagining stories for a life she didn't understand. Her favorite time to visit was just pass 7:15 pm. That's when the sun begins to go down and leaves behind empty promises of tangerines and rose petals in the air.

I always sat on the left. Kaycee was always on the right. I would watch as golden rays of light danced across the fawn whiteness of her skin, her freckles peeking out underneath her lashes to reunite with their creator. She always pushed her food aside as she propped her head into her hands, her eyes longing for something much greater than I could offer.

We would usually end up packing our food and   finishing it in her backyard just so she could watch the end of the sun's cycle for the day. "No one appreciates it's hard work, so much moving and turning and whatever it does.. I  like to appreciate it every once in a while."

I never understood her, but as I find myself on the right side of the booth just past 7:15 pm, I finally understand.

I pack up my food and do what we always do, but this time I don't find myself in your backyard.

I go to place I've been dreading visiting all day even knowing you've been there all along.

All day I acted as if everything was back to the way they were before it all happened, refusing to believe I would never receive the text i've been waiting for all day.

It's been just less than a year that i've been here. I just couldn't get myself to do it. If I came here then it meant you were really gone, and I wasn't ready to let you go.

Im still not ready to let you go, but the earth has finally made it's cycle around the sun. Its time to say finally say goodbye.

So, here I am - sitting at your grave, your name embedded into a marble plaque and flowers placed into a vase just above your picture, but it still doesn't seem real.

How could it be a year? How could you even be gone in the first place?

So many questions without an answer. So many sunsets you've missed, so many places you couldn't see and so many stories you couldn't create for the people that passed by.. so many freckles the sun didn't kiss, so many cycles of the sun you never appreciated.

So many things you should have been there for.

I place down the thin sheet just beside you, pulling out my unfinished dinner as I begin to watch the sun disappear just like you used to.

"Are you watching the sunset wherever you are, Is it even more beautiful?"

I know you aren't here to watch the sun go through it's cycle, but don't worry I'll appreciate it for you.

I promise I will until the sun stops setting.

I promise i will until I get to see you again.

No matter how many sunsets it will take.