my favorite star.

if you're reading this, skip to some of my later oneshots as these are nowhere as near as good as the ones i've produced lately, but if you want to start from the beginning and see my growth over the next few months go right ahead <3

- kami [ october 14, 2019 ]

*** i recommend staring at "it was cold outside" ✨☁️

kaycee woke up one morning to her phone ringing loudly in her ear. she quickly sat up to see sean's name appear on the screen.

"hello?" she said with a voice full of drowsiness.

"hey beautiful, get dressed. i'll pick you up at ten." he softly stated.

"wait, where are we going?" kaycee confusing asked. " don't worry about it kayc, we'll be there soon." he said as he hung up the phone.

she quickly got out of bed, she checked the clock, "shit, it's 9:45."

kaycee threw on some jeans and a lewser sweatshirt. she was basically running out the door when sean called, her hair was pulled into a messy bun as she kissed her boyfriend on the cheek. "hey babe" she said out of breath.

" i'm sorry, you didn't give me enough time to fully get ready so i look like a mess." she said with an exhausted smile.

"you always look beautiful, baby. there's not one minutes that goes by that your beauty doesn't cross my mind." sean asserted as he softly pulled her hair out of the bun. "you know i love your natural curls."

kaycee beamed as she gave him a peck on the lips, " i love you so much."

"i love you so much kaycee." as sean tangled his fingers with hers and slowly traced around her ring finger.

sean opened the passenger door letting kaycee step out into the chilly morning breeze. "why are we at the nail salon?" she said, confusión filling her voice.

" i'm paying for you to get your nails done. you can get anything done, all on me." sean beamed as he took her hand and lead her through the nail salon.

she sat in the chair beaming with a smile as she looked to her boyfriend and mouthed a thank you.

kaycee got in the car, her smile as bright as the sun as she peered down at her nails. "thank you so much, sean! i love them!"

"anything for you, beautiful."

sean unlocked the door to kaycee's apartment, setting down her purse on the counter. "i'll be back, okay?

"sean. where are you going?"

" i have to finish some things, i'll be back soon to pick you up, oh and by the way check on your bed." he said with a wink and walked out the door.

  ///

when she walked into her room, she saw a beautifully wrapped box, with a neatly tied ribbon and on top laid a note.

" i thought this would look gorgeous on you."

she carefully unwrapped the gift revealing a navy blue dress that went to her knees. she smiled as the sweet memories filled her mind. she absolutely loved the dress she danced in for station, but as she got older and her body became to change, she no longer fit in the dress.

"oh my god, it's beautiful." she whispered to herself as she pulled it up to her chest. she stripped out of her clothes and carefully slid the dress on.

her face lit up with a beaming smile as she looked in the mirror. "you look absolutely gorgeous, ricebowl."

kaycee quickly turned around in shock to see her boyfriend standing behind her. "sean, i didn't hear you come back!"

" come on, i'm going to take you out." sean said as he placed a kiss on the side of her neck.

"sean! you've done so much already! what's all this for?"

"you'll see."

///

after about a fifteen minute drive they arrived at a high cliff that looks out to the ocean. there was a beautiful blanket laid out on the floor with a bouquet of sunflowers that rested on top.

" oh sean, th- this is so amazing!" she beamed.

he pulled her in close, slowly moving their lips in sync. he could feel her smile against his lips as he began to pull away and gaze into her eyes.

" kaycee, ever since our parents made us take that awkward picture at our competition, i knew you had to be in my life. for years i saw you without even knowing your name, until one day i decided that needed to change. asking you to join world of dance with me was the best decision of my life. world of dance was one of the best times of my life. i got to spend every day doing the thing i loved most with my best friend. over the years you have taught me how to be a better person, friend, son, boyfriend, dancer and partner. "

as tears fell from kaycees cheeks, he knelt down on one knee holding a velvet box in his hand.

"you are everything to me, kaycee rice and i couldn't imagine my future without you in it. would you please do me the honor in becoming my wife." he said revealing the beautiful diamond in the box.

tears slipped from kaycee's eyes like an endless waterfall as she nodded her head,
"y-yes! sean, it will always be yes."

he wrapped his arms around her waist picking her up into the air as he spun her around. he put her down as fiddled with the ring in hand. he softly grabbed her hand and placed the beautiful diamond on her finger.

tears were still falling from her eyes as she looked down to her ring and to her now fiancé. "i can't believe this is happening." she said with a smile twice as wide as before.

" im glad i fell in love with my best friend." sean said as he smiled back.

they sat at the edge of the cliff, listening to the roaring waves hit the rocks below them. kaycee's head rested on sean's shoulder as she admired the sun peaking behind the horizon. she looked up to her fiancé with a smile, " you could have anyone in the world, why me?"

"because, kaycee rice, there is no one like you." he said as he placed a gentle kiss to her head.

they stayed like that until the sun was no where to be seen and the stars lit up the night sky. so many beautiful stars in the sky and sean's eyes stayed glued to the love of his life, laying in his lap.

" i love you so much, weirdo.

"i love you more, lewser."

///
hi guys! how are you? this is probs the cutest things i've written just saying. if you guys know who jess and gabriel conte are then this is where i got the idea of the proposal. their proposal was so cute i was like crying :(:

um ily guys so much and pls don't forget to comment suggestions cause this girl is lowkey hitting a writers block :)

also hi seayceetings

- kami 🌻