Rye

Rye and I have been a couple for 5 months now. Everything is fine and we are very happy together. Today we decided to go to the cinema. While Rye was buying some snacks I go to the toilet.

When I come back, I see Rye kissing another girl. I am shocked and just stare at them.
*How could he do this to me?* I think.
I can't stay any longer and run out of the cinema, tears running down my face.

I hear Rye shouting my name but I don't turn around, I just keep running. I am at a place I don't know, not knowing what to do now. My head is full of questions and thoughts.

My phone keeps ringing but I don't answer any of the calls. I keep walking down a street and take a passing taxi home. I get home and lock my door.

I spend the next couple of days crying and sitting in my room, when the door bell rings. I thought it was just my Mum or Dad coming home from work and they had forgotten their keys but when I open the door I see Rye. He looks terrible. His hair is messy and really needs a cut and he looks like he hasn't slept in days. Also his eyes are red, like he has been crying for days.
"Freya, please." He says with a weak voice.
"What Rye?" I whisper.
"I love you."
"Yeah, of course, that's why you kissed that girl." I laughed, sarcastically.
"She kissed me, Freya please, you have to believe me. She kissed me." He begs.
"Of course Ryan. Just a random girl came up and kissed you." I say.
"That's the truth." Rye answers.
"Why should I believe you?" I ask and look down.
"Because I love you. You are the only one I want to kiss, all day and night. See, I feel bad, it hurt me, you are my everything." Rye says and takes my hand.
I look at him with tears in my eyes. It hurt me to see him like this and I really do miss him.
"Please don't do this ever again to me." I whisper and wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer.
"I love you." Rye whispers, happily.
"I love you too." I say and lay my lips on his.