Brooklyn

"Only one month till prom." My friend, Cleo, says.
"Why are you so excited? Oh right, you already got a date." I groan, a little annoyed.
"I told you, you could come with me and Rye." She says.
"To be the third wheel? No thanks." I say.
"I'm sure you will get asked by a cute guy soon." She says, trying to cheer me up.
"Mhhh." I answer.

3 weeks have passed and I still don't have a date for prom. That makes me very sad and I don't expect that anyone will ask me out in the next 3 days. I am at my locker to take some books out for the next lesson, when suddenly a small piece of paper, which isn't mine, falls out of my locker. I pick it up and look at it. It's a normal piece of paper.

On it is written: 'Would you like to go to prom with me? If not it's also fine. Sorry for bothering you, I'm sorry.'
*Okay someone was very shy and insecure.* I think. *But who was it?* I ask myself because there is no name written on it.

It's the day before prom and I still don't know who has written on the paper. I am over at Cleo's house, helping her get ready. You've told her about the paper but she also doesn't have a clue who is could be. Suddenly I hear a voice from the door.

"Come on just tell her." I hear Rye's voice.
*Who is he talking to?*
Then the door opens and Rye pushes someone in the room.
"Go, you can do this." He says.
I can't believe who is standing there, his face red like a tomato. It's Brooklyn, I have had a crush on him for a year but he has never noticed me.

"Hey Harbour." He starts.
"Ehm I have to do something in the kitchen." Cleo says and leaves the room.
So I am alone with Brook.
"Ehm so, you got a, piece of paper with a message on it?" He stutters which I think is so adorable.
"Yeah." I say.
"I'm so sorry, I don't know what I thought. You would never go out with someone like me." He mumbles.
"Wait, it was from you?" I say shocked.
"I'm so sorry." He whispers, guiltily.
"Wait you think I wouldn't go out with you?" I ask.
"Yeah I mean you are so pretty and amazing and I'm, just me." He says.
"But Brook, I like you very much, how could you think that?" I ask him surprised.
"Wait you like me?" He asks and looks at me.
I nod. Brook smiles. Then he comes closer and kisses me.