Rye

There was this boy at my school. His name is Rye and I've liked him since the first day of secondary school and sometimes I feel his glance on me. Probably he's talking shit about me with his girlfriend. His girlfriend, Gretl and I hate her. Not just because she's his girlfriend, no I hate her because she is the one who is bullying me and I know also that she doesn't like Rye that much but she his girlfriend because she is captain of the volleyball team and guess who is captain of the football team, right Rye. One time at our school cafeteria, I was sitting alone, Gretl came over to me. Rye is with her. Like always.
"Hey, jerk." She says with her disgusting high voice.
I don't answer and just keep on eating.
"I'm talking to you idiot. You must be lucky that I'm talking to you. I mean I'm the prettiest and most popular girl in school and I'm..." She starts but interrupt her.
*This is enough.* I think angrily and stand up.
"I don't give a fuck about how pretty you are and what your aren't by the way and I don't care how popular you are. So get out of my way. Oh and by the way, you still have an orange face. Fake bitch." I say and stand up.
I hear some people whispering around me.
*Okay maybe I was a little too mean but she has been bullying me for years.*

Suddenly someone grabs my wrists. It's Gretl.
"What did you say?" She says. "Rye babe you heard what she called me?" She asks.
I look over to Rye. Surprisingly he has trouble trouble holding back his laugh.
"Rye you are suppose to fight for me." Gretl says.
Now everyone else is laughing.

Rye too.
"Okay you know what, it's over Rye." She says and runs out of the room.
First Rye looks surprised but then he looks relaxed.
"Thank you so much. I couldn't deal with her anymore." He says and smiles at me.

In the next few weeks Rye and I meet more often. He's very kind to me and the complete opposite of Gretl. One time we are at the park, Rye admits something.
"To be honest with you Xenia. I've been checking you out since the first day of secondary school but I was never tough enough to talk to you and then Gretl came. I still don't know why I was her boyfriend, she's such a mean person. I'm sorry that I haven't done anything over the years." He looks very sad and it seems like he regrets it.
Then it starts to rain.

Quickly we go to his house because it's the nearest and I don't want to get too wet. So I decide to stay over night at his house. He gives me one of his shirts which is way to big for me. Then Rye offers me his bed and he goes to leave to sleep on the couch.

"What are you doing?" I ask. "You are not sleeping on the couch." I add.
"You aren't either." He answers.
Now we are stood in front of each other, arms crossed.
"Okay then we sleep together on my bed." Rye says suddenly, picks me up and throws me on the bed.
Surprised I squeal.

Then Rye starts tickling me.
"Rye please stop." I laugh.
After he stops we go to bed. Before I go to sleep, I feel a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist.
"Sleep well babe." I hear Rye whispering.